Echo or Sthil trimmers??? Your thoughts

zmister11

Threads
Think I'm going with a Stihl FS 90! Talked to the dealer today and that looks like a good fit for me atleast!;)

That's the one I was going to refer! I run the fs90 commercially and it's going on 3 years now. All the lawn company's that I used to work for ran them also. They have been great so far!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I forgot to mention, I bought the blade adapter kit for my Stihl FS 90R . I put my 10 inch 80 tooth blade on it from my Maruyama ,
currently down for a leaky gas tank, ( another problem with really old equipment it's tough to find parts ) but I'm determined to fix it
even though its 28 yrs. old everything works as designed . Back to the FS 90........ IF you do get that model I'm sure you will find it
more pleasing than you expect . As a weed whip it's great, as a brush-cutter I'd give a very good rating , ( maybe because I'm using a 10 inch blade ...an 8 inch might be better & it probably needs sharpened ) BUT the Maruyama will go right through a 3 inch tree branch with no hesitation and, ...... it's a bigger engine. It could be the Echo may be just as good I just don't know about their new equipment ,but like you , when I see it at Big Box stores I get concerned....... could be their sales are so slow they're desperate to increase their bottom line . Anyway ....... please remember to get EVERY manual including PARTS and keep them safe, one day, you'll be glad you did, as before best of luck with your new machine, keep us informed about it too ! ...Boobala ...:cool2:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
That's the one I was going to refer! I run the fs90 commercially and it's going on 3 years now. All the lawn company's that I used to work for ran them also. They have been great so far!

The FS 90 is a great machine, I've run mine for probably 9 or more years. For 30$ more you can jump to the FS 100RX and go from the 28.4cc engine to the 31.4 and lose a pound of weight. I have and run all three the 90, 100 and 110. there all great machines. The Fs 94 is also a good machine if you like the 2 stroke.

zmister11

Threads
The FS 90 is a great machine, I've run mine for probably 9 or more years. For 30$ more you can jump to the FS 100RX and go from the 28.4cc engine to the 31.4 and lose a pound of weight. I have and run all three the 90, 100 and 110. there all great machines. The Fs 94 is also a good machine if you like the 2 stroke.

Hmm that's good to know. I didn't know it was only $30 more.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hmm that's good to know. I didn't know it was only $30 more.

Price on the FS90 is $339.00 and the 100RX is $369.00 and there's about a pound difference between the two. You wouldn't think there would be a lot of power difference between the two but when you use them there is a big difference. I think the 100RX handles a whole better. Either one is hard to beat.

My_guy99

Threads

I didn't know that was only $30 more thanks for commenting on that particular good to know! Even though it's only 1 pound less but $30 more I think that might be worth the money

My_guy99

Threads

Thanks for that great bit of advice, I think I need to look at the other two models like you said sounds like that might be the better buy $30 more for 1 pound less in a little bit bigger motor sounds like a good deal thank you

My_guy99

Threads
Price on the FS90 is $339.00 and the 100RX is $369.00 and there's about a pound difference between the two. You wouldn't think there would be a lot of power difference between the two but when you use them there is a big difference. I think the 100RX handles a whole better. Either one is hard to beat.

also great to know

zmister11

Threads

Yeah that's pretty cool. Next time I need a new trimmer I'll probably give the 100RX a try.