hydrostatic transmission draining oil

man00

Threads
Can you pump the oil through the fill plug in order to put fresh clean oil in it? This is on a non-serviceable one.
Or maybe the over flow plug?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Model # of your mower will help us see what you have and help.

My_guy99

Threads
Hopis not talking about a transmission like what I have, they make it difficult in non-serviceable just so you can replace it in a few years and not replace the oil so they burn out

man00

Threads
Kubota T1670 is the mower.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is on a non-serviceable one.
QUOTE]

Do was you want. But non-serviceable to me would mean the oil is good for the life of the mower. So to me you are just looking for problems by changing the oil. All you are doing by changing the oil is disturbing the metal chips that form in the bottom of the case. Yes they are there but to remove them you would have to disassemble the complete transmission. Leave well enough alone because it was designed that way. Kubota knows what they are doing.

man00

Threads
This is on a non-serviceable one.
QUOTE]

Do was you want. But non-serviceable to me would mean the oil is good for the life of the mower. So to me you are just looking for problems by changing the oil. All you are doing by changing the oil is disturbing the metal chips that form in the bottom of the case. Yes they are there but to remove them you would have to disassemble the complete transmission. Leave well enough alone because it was designed that way. Kubota knows what they are doing.
I made contact with Kubota few months back , they said you can drop the pan and drain oil that way. But use extreme caution so that nothing falls out of place. They said it does have a replaceable filter inside. I didn't mention pumping the oil out to them at that time.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well they make it almost impossible to look up your parts so I will need one more thing. On the rear end will be a part number some where. It is normally on a tag. If you can find it I should be able to find the instructions.

man00

Threads
Well they make it almost impossible to look up your parts so I will need one more thing. On the rear end will be a part number some where. It is normally on a tag. If you can find it I should be able to find the instructions.
thanks, I will try and get that ASAP

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I can find an explodes parts view and that is all. They do not want you touching this thing.