Keep OLD FWD Craftsman or get a NEW AWD craftsman or a NEW AWD Husqvarna?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Keep OLD FWD Craftsman or get a NEW AWD craftsman or a NEW AWD Husqvarna?
UPDATE: 1 year later
So glad I saved this mower with all the advice and help here
In July 2016
- I refreshed the paint and blacked out the mower
-Bought new front wheels for it $15
-fixed the Front wheel wobble by bolting through it

Still running strong but I found 2 Curb mowers this season both run
The TORO 200041 was a find and a half and is going to replace this one - its just superior especially the RWD.

Thanks again for all the help - its given me the confidence to easily fix the curb finds that others just discard
I was about to do the same thing until i found this place.

PUSH
View attachment 33462View attachment 33463View attachment 33464View attachment 33465

Glad things worked out for ya Push, may I add a bit of advice ? whenever you work on ANYTHING , no matter it be a mower, bicycle gearset, or a micro-wave oven, get the camera and take TONS of pics during DISassembly .. it will be your "manual" during REassembly spring locations and levers are always a pain in the arse if you don't remember exactly how they are placed ..BELIEVE me !!! ..:thumbsup:

Lawn Addict
Threads
If your wheels get wobbly again, I just bored mine out & pressed some bushings I made into them.

You can also do this with drill & some appropriate sized pipe.

My lil 11+ year old MTD w/B&S engine is still running like a fine watch. I'm gonna keep this one till the wheels fall off. (wait a minute) they were about to till I re-bushed them.

PUSH

Threads
If your wheels get wobbly again, I just bored mine out & pressed some bushings I made into them.

You can also do this with drill & some appropriate sized pipe.

My lil 11+ year old MTD w/B&S engine is still running like a fine watch. I'm gonna keep this one till the wheels fall off. (wait a minute) they were about to till I re-bushed them.

Heres a video from July 2016 - you can see the wobble in the right front -
I fixed it by just bolting the entire assembly to the body
I Never change the height so I didnt car that it wont rotate any longer only that the FWD works well.

PUSH

Threads
Glad things worked out for ya Push, may I add a bit of advice ? whenever you work on ANYTHING , no matter it be a mower, bicycle gearset, or a micro-wave oven, get the camera and take TONS of pics during DISassembly .. it will be your "manual" during REassembly spring locations and levers are always a pain in the arse if you don't remember exactly how they are placed ..BELIEVE me !!! ..:thumbsup:

I love pictures of things, I document most things
hers the Wheel drill through fix.
IMG_6499.jpg
Cheap0 Harbor Fright bolt set.
IMG_6512.jpg
Found a good spot between the assembly that didn't interfere
IMG_6513.jpg
Bolted it through - now its solid
IMG_6514.jpg

Lawn Addict
Threads
:thumbsup: