Ferris 600 series vs Country Clipper Edge XLT

Hayroad

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking for a new mower. Looking at the Ferris 600Z (48"), the Country Clipper Edge XLT (48") and the Dixie chopper 25/44 magnum (2015 leftover). I live in the woods, mowing is tight and somewhat rough. I'm kinda liking the joystick on the clippers, and the tilt up deck. But would like some input

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looking for a new mower. Looking at the Ferris 600Z (48"), the Country Clipper Edge XLT (48") and the Dixie chopper 25/44 magnum (2015 leftover). I live in the woods, mowing is tight and somewhat rough. I'm kinda liking the joystick on the clippers, and the tilt up deck. But would like some input

Ferris and Country Clipper are two of my favorite ztr mowers, though it isn't a fair comparison. The Drive train on the IS600 is much better than what's on the edge xlt. If you want to compare apples to apples you should look at the Challenger. If I had to choose the Challenger or the IS600, I would have to give the edge to the Challenger. The single joystick control is great when you have a lot of trees with low hanging limbs. Your left hand is free to move them out of the way. The stand up deck is also great for cleaning and changing blades. If it's a choice between the Edge xlt and the IS600, I would choose the Ferris. The suspension on the IS600 and 700 is not nearly as smooth as the IS2100, but it does improve the ride of the machine about as much as a suspension seat. Both are great mower brands though. As long as you have a quality local dealer you can't go wrong with either.

Other great brands include: Kubota, Exmark/Toro, Hustler/Big Dog, Husqvarna, Snapper Pro (Ferris without suspension), Scag, Bush Hog, Bob Cat, Gravely, and Grass hopper. All are great ztr mower brands.

Hayroad

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the input, The Ferris is $5200, and the Edge is $4800,