air foam pre-filter do you put a light flim of oil on it?

noma

Threads
  • / air foam pre-filter do you put a light flim of oil on it?
Hi I was wondering if any one puts a light film of oil on your foam pre filter on your air filter? This is the one that is before the air filter i was in wallmart yesterday and looking in the lawn and garden center and they had a foam pre filter that had a stamp on it that said don't oil this foam pre filter and i have never sean that before so i was wondering if i should be oiling my foam pre filter or not?Just wondering what the rest of you do with this?:laughing:

jeff

Threads
I never oil them. My rational is that the oil will cause the pre filter to clog up quickly.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Oil will trap small particles... The main filter(dry) is designed to trap small particles...
The foam is for course, don't try to make it a fine particulate filter also... Leave it dry like jeff said... :smile:KennyV

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
the only filters to oil are the foam air filters like whats on briggs push mowers

benski

Threads
Yep, leave the thing clean and dry when you reinstall it. It is built as a boulder remover. (Coarse particulates).:biggrin:

noma

Threads
Hi All Ok thanks for the information then i will leave them dry and try that maybe that"s why i have to change those foam filter about the seconds or third time we mow it is pretty dusty when we mow to, I was wondering why there is a difference between push mower and riders, this was a rider ( Ilengine ) Thanks to all :smile: