JD Z445 Hydro Bypass?

hayboy

Threads
How far can you safely pull (JD Z445 ZT) to put on a trailer with a dead engine before opening these bypass valves, if it has them. I have read not to pull them. Mower will not start this year, got spark, even with starting fluid, did have one backfire. Got to get it going with grass growing. Thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Open the bypass valves any time the mower is moved not under its own power.

hayboy

Threads
I think I see the two valves, right under the seat. Do you open them till they stop or a certain number of turns, I have never had to do this in the 8/9 yrs I have had this mower. thanks

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
jdz445.jpg
Wrong picture ignore it.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Z425, Z445 and Z465 Models:
When the machine needs to be moved without starting the engine, use the bypass valves:

NOTE: The bypass valves must be fully turned clockwise (closed) during normal vehicle operation.

1. Lock park brake.

2. Raise operator’s seat.

3. Turn bypass valves (A) on both sides of pump 1/4 - 1/2 turn counterclockwise (open position).

4. Unlock park brake.

5. Push machine to desired location. Due to hydraulic system drag, machine will move slowly.

NOTE: Bypass valves should be hand tightened only.

6. Turn both bypass valves clockwise (closed position) until tight.

7. Lock park brake.

jdz445.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Z425, Z445 and Z465 Models:
When the machine needs to be moved without starting the engine, use the bypass valves:

NOTE: The bypass valves must be fully turned clockwise (closed) during normal vehicle operation.

1. Lock park brake.

2. Raise operator’s seat.

3. Turn bypass valves (A) on both sides of pump 1/4 - 1/2 turn counterclockwise (open position).

4. Unlock park brake.

5. Push machine to desired location. Due to hydraulic system drag, machine will move slowly.

NOTE: Bypass valves should be hand tightened only.

6. Turn both bypass valves clockwise (closed position) until tight.

7. Lock park brake.

View attachment 28160