Stihl FS 56 with bike handle converting to loop handle

BertPleizier

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Stihl FS 56 with bike handle converting to loop handle
Hello,

I can buy a 1 year old Stihl FS 56 trimmer from my neighbours (this one is 50% cheaper than a new one in the shop so a very good deal). Due to health issues they have to move to a house without a garden.

The FS 56 is featured with a bike handle. Because I will use the trimmer for edging around my lawn I think a loop handle will be better. Is it possible to convert the bike handle to a loop handle?

What do I need, a loop handle, new throttle cable and covers with the throttle-knob?

upupandaway

Threads
  • / Stihl FS 56 with bike handle converting to loop handle
It depends if u want it to OEM. Looking at the pics, it would be a pain $$ wise to get it to oem because pics indicate the throttle built into the motor body unless u find a local shop to buy a busted one off them just to get the shell\throttle.
Loop is no problem, but the throttle\cable you can look for an older model stihl throttle-it fits the cable and doesnt need the new body.
The 70's fs80s i have throttles like a bicycle brake handle so just clamp it to the shaft.
On second thought, it doesnt account for the kill switch....
While I usually use my 80 with loop for edges and my other handlebar 80 for regular trimming fence, trees, etc. I moved the throttle to the left handle so as to use that for edging also.