New buggy

alabama pat

Threads
I am the proud owner of a new 3200 with the 37 Kaw.I have a few questions regarding the proper setup.Since I had a older John Deere I had to get something with a softer ride,hence the Ferris.While attempting to find a way to soften the ride with the JD a fellow forum member suggested a few hints using the tire pressures as a way to improve both the ride and the damage to the turf while turning.
I only used the Ferris one time,and was a little surprised at the stiff ride.I would like to think that the ride can be improved using both the suspension and the tire pressure.Does anyone have any suggestions regarding either?I did take a look in the setup manual and found that somewhat confusing.The adjustment they refer to appears to be in the reverse of what one would think.The front set of shocks are set to the middle setting and the rear are set to what appear to be the stiffest setting.However according to the manual it appears to be set on the softest setting.The thought I have is that the shock set at the longest setting should be the softest.Am I incorrect? Does anyone have any suggestions regarding the tire pressure?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Shorten spring for stiffer ride. Lenten spring for smoother ride. Do not change air pressure. Air pressure in tires will affect cut height and quality of cut.

alabama pat

Threads
Shorten spring for stiffer ride. Lenten spring for smoother ride. Do not change air pressure. Air pressure in tires will affect cut height and quality of cut.

That is my question.What should I set the tire pressure at?Once I set the tire pressure I can adjust the cut height to the correct height.Not one of the tire pressures are set to the correct pressure according to the manual.What I was wondering is if any member has played with the tire pressure and found a sweet spot that they would recommend.

I am also interested in a way to deflect ,or stop the grass clippings from blowing into the mulched planting that I have.I have around 40 trees that are planted around 10 feet apart and are all mulched in a 4 foot circle around each one.When I mow around them the clippings get blown into the mulch of the next tree.I am looking for something portable that I can put on and remove fairly easily,so I can cut around these trees first and than remove the gizzmo and mow the rest of the 4 acres.
Does ferris make such a thing ?

Thanks for the help.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Tire psi should be 10psi
Always check the psi on a new mower. The dealers like to put 30 psi in them. Why I do not know.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Tire psi should be 10psi
Always check the psi on a new mower. The dealers like to put 30 psi in them. Why I do not know.

It sets the bead better and no one calls because tire is low.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is my question.What should I set the tire pressure at?Once I set the tire pressure I can adjust the cut height to the correct height.Not one of the tire pressures are set to the correct pressure according to the manual.What I was wondering is if any member has played with the tire pressure and found a sweet spot that they would recommend.

I am also interested in a way to deflect ,or stop the grass clippings from blowing into the mulched planting that I have.I have around 40 trees that are planted around 10 feet apart and are all mulched in a 4 foot circle around each one.When I mow around them the clippings get blown into the mulch of the next tree.I am looking for something portable that I can put on and remove fairly easily,so I can cut around these trees first and than remove the gizzmo and mow the rest of the 4 acres.
Does ferris make such a thing ?

Thanks for the help.

Ok so sweet spot for you is going to be different for me. I have 2 bad disk in my back for over 30 years. My sweet spot would also be different because I run 8" rims with 25" tires. When I lower my air pressure I bounce and miss cutting grass. Like I said before don't mess with correct air pressure just adjust the springs. If its not good enough then add a suspension seat. Remember this is a lawn mower not a car and will never ride like one.

Im not trying to be mean. I have tried to retype this 3 times to sound better but I suck at writing.:smile:

alabama pat

Threads
Ok so sweet spot for you is going to be different for me. I have 2 bad disk in my back for over 30 years. My sweet spot would also be different because I run 8" rims with 25" tires. When I lower my air pressure I bounce and miss cutting grass. Like I said before don't mess with correct air pressure just adjust the springs. If its not good enough then add a suspension seat. Remember this is a lawn mower not a car and will never ride like one.

Im not trying to be mean. I have tried to retype this 3 times to sound better but I suck at writing.:smile:

I take no offence from your post.

I also have several back issues ,and the ride is why I chose Ferris.The tires are a good deal of the correct setup as far as the ride is concerned.

When I took delivery of the machine all four tires had a different tire pressure.The manual stated that the rear should be at 15 pounds and the front 25 pounds.
At 25 pounds they are as hard as a flat free solid wheel.

I am not looking for a Cadillac type ride,but I am looking to soften some of the bone jarring jolts that occur when the small front tire finds a small hole or bump.
I was hoping a member or two had already gone thru the setup of a new machine and could make a few suggestions.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
The reason for higher pressure in the front tires is to stop from pulling them off the rim. It happens a lot more than you would think. You can easily lower the pressure in the front tires to 15 psi but expect them to have to be put back on rim a few times till you figure out what causes it to happen.