Lawnmower trouble

Tiff

Forum Newbie
Threads
Craftsman Briggs and Stratton 6.5hp push mower
Wouldn't start
I replaced spark plug, air filter, gas, oil, cleaned carburetor( was full of water)
It then started beautifully and I was able to mow part of my front lawn. I had to stop for a minute and when I went to restart mower it wouldn't start. Waited a few minutes and it started again but sounded a little like it was sputtering but it held up and I finished the front lawn.
When it came time for the back of the house it won't start again at all. I waited long enough to cook supper and eat and still nothing. I checked carb and drained it of the gas incase I had flooded it or something but still nothing.
Any ideas???
Very frustrated!

Tiff

Forum Newbie
Threads
Although tank was full I figured I would top it right up and away it started first pull. Damn mower GRRRR!

jd335

Threads
when my push mower does that there is a diaphram between the carb and gas tank if it is bad my mower would not start unless it was full would run the tank dry as long as it was not cut off but sense you have water problems i make sure all that is gone before replacing anything.

motorrefurb

Threads
By "clean carb" I hope you mean you used carb cleaner :tongue: Maybe you are trying to run it too rich on fuel, or maybe you are running it on barely any fuel entering the cylinder. There are sooooooo many things that could be wrong :smile:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
if this is a carb mounted to the gas tank, then I am thinking along the same line Like jd335 said... fill the tank to the top... It will likely run till it is about empty...
to repair this problem you will have to separate the tank from the carb, clean everything up and then reassemble... :smile:KennyV