Toro Timecutter z5035 stopped moving!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hey everyone, sorry it's been a while since any updates. After finally getting to mess with the mower I discovered that the belt did slip off the pulley. It got wedged under the pulley and was apparently keeping it from moving at all, even with the engine running. When I was able to pry it free and get it back where it goes, the mower magically moves again! New question... It feels like I've lost a bit of power. Could being bound up so bad have caused issues with the engine, or would it make sense that the belt was stretched/heated enough that I'm not getting full power? I ordered new belts and a full tune up kit for it and will do those as soon as I can, just wanted input. Also it feels like my controls have more slack in them than they did and it moves more than it previously did when I go from park to neutral. May be unrelated but if there's any way to adjust that I'd like to go ahead and try.

Thanks everyone! This is ending up to be a far cheaper fix than I was afraid it would be and I can't wait to tackle the jungle that has grown while I've been mower less!

You will most likley find the belt has been damaged where the engine pulley was spinning against it.
So a new belt might be in order and it is not going to be a fun job

Aslandry

Forum Newbie
Threads
You will most likley find the belt has been damaged where the engine pulley was spinning against it.
So a new belt might be in order and it is not going to be a fun job

I got my parts in yesterday and just got back home from working on the mower. The belt was damaged. There were several obvious areas that had gouges in them. As I figured, it had apparently stretched it a bit. I replaced the belt, plugs, fuel filter, air filter, oil and filter, as well as the blades and my back brackets holding the deck up. A mount (bracket?) holding my left side transmission was broken so it wasn't as difficult as it should have been to change the belt. I'll either order a new one or lift the mower up, pull the mount and reweld the bracket. I mowed my uncles shop afterward and it feels like I have all of my power back now.

Whenever I go from park to neutral (or "drive", without telling it to go forward or backward) my right side controller eases forward so I start going to the left... Is there any way to readjust controls so that it won't move until I tell it to? The mower has always went to one side more whenever you engage both controls fully, so might that be related?

I very much appreciate the help!