L120 automatic won't start

Cody413

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I have the l120. 2012. With the 20 hp Intek twin . It won't start. I got it for free and it is in great shape. Guy said it starts with starting fluid. Which I know is bad for it. I tried it with gas got it running and ran fine. Cut my lawn no issues until I shut it off and try again. I pulled the hose going to the carb and gass comes out. Spark plugs are black. What do you think. And also the selinoid also clicks when I turn key on. Thanks. Glad to be a member

Mikel1

Threads
So are the plugs fouled out?
Carb flooding?
I would check battery connections to make sure they are clean and tight, at solenoid also. Might also need to load test battery if no change.

Cody413

Forum Newbie
Threads
So are the plugs fouled out?
Carb flooding?
I would check battery connections to make sure they are clean and tight, at solenoid also. Might also need to load test battery if no change.

The plugs are fouled. And if it will run and have no issues once running. Shouldn't the carb be ok ? Its only to get it started it dowant want to. Once running. It runs great. And the battery seems to be charged. Lights are bright and It a a strong cranking. Thanks for reply

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
OK, let get this straight, you turn the key and it cranks over but will not start until you pour gas into the carb. Once you do that the engine fires and runs until you turn the key off but then will not start again until you pour more gas into the carb. Is this correct to what I'm understanding??

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like the fuel pump isn't holding pressure when you shut the engine off.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is the choke closing all the way. If it isn't it will be hard to start cold. Now if you have to prime the carb with carb even when warm then we have another issue.

Mikel1

Threads
You must have been referring to the fuel solenoid and not starter solenoid.
I was going to also say to check the choke, Ilengine has replied with it. Back to work to make a dollar.

Cody413

Forum Newbie
Threads
I tried choking it too. It moves on the carb. But also wouldn't start.

Cody413

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I ordered a fuel pump. And we will see. And it also Won't start even after mowing my lawn and warmed up. I just don't get why it'll run but not start. What can we rule out. Carb since it runs and idles fine ? Spark ? Has to be getting fuel once it's running cause it doesn't die or sputter? Thanks for all the help.