Exmark Lazer Z

DSP300

Forum Newbie
Threads
2013 Laser Z with Kawasaki FX801V engine. Mower was fine last week, went to start today seemed to be low on power and bogging down when PTO engaged. Replaced fuel filter took fuel cap off when running to check vent, no change. Plugs been cleaned and good. Started it up ran the same way then started bogging down and smoking. Now when trying it will not start and backfires some. Bad gas ? It is getting fuel but seems to be dark looking.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
How does air filter look?

Dark looking fuel? Check for oil getting into gas.

Last edited:

DSP300

Forum Newbie
Threads
Air filter looks good. Just took the tank off and replaced fuel and blew out lines. It did not want to start, took hose from carb to breather off(big radiator looking hose). It started but very loud with hose off sputtered and popped. I put the hose back on it started but seems to be starving or blocked up. Will not go above idle and still pops.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check the pushrods.
Kwaka rods are really thin and bend very easy.

Dbeers

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2011 exmark laser z with the Kaw FX801v engine with 825 hrs. I am having a similar problem with mine. One mechanic said the valve clearance may be off. I too checked the same things such as air filter, new spark plugs, fuel filter, gas cap vent and it made no difference. I dropped it off at the local shop to check the valve clearance. Please post if you get it resolved. I'll do the same.

Dbeers

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2011 exmark laser z with the Kaw FX801v engine with 825 hrs. I am having a similar problem. how did you resolve it

Vto

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2011 exmark laser z with the Kaw FX801v engine with 825 hrs. I am having a similar problem with mine. One mechanic said the valve clearance may be off. I too checked the same things such as air filter, new spark plugs, fuel filter, gas cap vent and it made no difference. I dropped it off at the local shop to check the valve clearance. Please post if you get it resolved. I'll do the same.

And as always...no one follows up....