Throwing deck blades on JD X590 54" Deck

PetePowell

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2015 John Deere X590 with a 54" deck. Recently, the belt driving the three blades keep coming off when I am mowing the lawn what has a ton of sweet gum balls every where. This problem did not exist until recently. The dealer says the gumballs are getting in the belt and pulley system. don't think so. Any other possibilities?

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum.

:welcome:

I'm moving your thread on over to the John Deere section to see if someone over there might know.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I chased the same issue on a JD deck for two years. Final solution was to replace all idler pulleys and I had to use a JD belt, aftermarket would not work. This summer was the first year that I can remember where I did not have to work on the unit.

PetePowell

Forum Newbie
Threads
I chased the same issue on a JD deck for two years. Final solution was to replace all idler pulleys and I had to use a JD belt, aftermarket would not work. This summer was the first year that I can remember where I did not have to work on the unit.

Thanks for the thoughts.

hayboy

Threads
Been there done that with the sweet gum balls throwing the belt. Caught the culprit in the groove and had to dig it out.