stihl mm 55 tiller carb problems?????

gmacmopar

Threads
Maybe you put something in there the wrong way. Did you use a carburetor rebuild kit or reuse the old pieces? Also, you might have forgotten to clean out a section that may have a speck of dirt. Doesn't take much to get these carburetors to have a fit.

Carburetor comes complete and preseted. Bolt on and run.

Well I used a brand new carb rebuild kit, all new parts. I laid everything out in order as I took it apart, and as I did this I took pictures to make sure I got everything back in the exact place. I used carb cleaner to clean the carb and compressed air to blow out of all the orifices. Not saying I didn't put something in the wrong way, maybe tomorrow I will take it back apart and see with my pics if I indeed did mess up. I know stihl has a lock on all of there tech manuals and diagrams, but is there a way to get a diagram of the carb and how the gaskets line up etc? I know John Deere is this way but you can still get some things on line or maybe know somebody that has access. Anyway we will see maybe I did forget to clean something. The only thing I didn't put in the carb were these little alum caps or whatever they are called because I didn't know how to get them out.

Thanks Gary Mac

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
The only thing I didn't put in the carb were these little alum caps or whatever they are called because I didn't know how to get them out.

Thanks Gary Mac

Don't take short cuts. There can be some dirt under them caps causing the problems. Drill a small hole in them and pull them out with a self taping screw.

gmacmopar

Threads
Don't take short cuts. There can be some dirt under them caps causing the problems. Drill a small hole in them and pull them out with a self taping screw.

Do the new ones just push back in?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well I used a brand new carb rebuild kit, all new parts. I laid everything out in order as I took it apart, and as I did this I took pictures to make sure I got everything back in the exact place. I used carb cleaner to clean the carb and compressed air to blow out of all the orifices. Not saying I didn't put something in the wrong way, maybe tomorrow I will take it back apart and see with my pics if I indeed did mess up. I know stihl has a lock on all of there tech manuals and diagrams, but is there a way to get a diagram of the carb and how the gaskets line up etc? I know John Deere is this way but you can still get some things on line or maybe know somebody that has access. Anyway we will see maybe I did forget to clean something. The only thing I didn't put in the carb were these little alum caps or whatever they are called because I didn't know how to get them out.

Thanks Gary Mac

Get the name of who made the carb, and what the model numbers are off of the carb itself. Walbro will be laser etched into the side of the carb, normally in one of the corners. then to that companies website and look up the number there and it will give you a diagram.

Zama will have part of the model number molded into the carb under one of the mounting bolts, will be something like C1Q and the rest of the number will be on the side, should start with an S.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I strongly suggest youtube. There are many videos on how to rebuild a carb completely step by step. Just whatch the video and follow what the person is doing.

gmacmopar

Threads
Ok, here goes, I went down and they had a new carb so I bought it. Came back home and as hard headed as I am proceeded to take the old one apart again and triple check and redo everything on the carb that I had done before. Put it all back together and whoom it started and had plenty of power. But.... I cannot keep it idling it will die? It starts right up but when you let off the throttle it will die. No matter how I turn the adj. screw it will not stay running at idle. Hmmmmmmmmmm!

Gary Mac

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
HAve a look at the throttle linkage.
The throttle should stop against an adjusting screw if you actually got the correct carburettor. And if you did that it came with all external parts,sometimes they are missing the idle adjustment screw.

gmacmopar

Threads
This is still the old carb, I took it apart again and tripled and doubled checked everything again. Got it started and now it has lots of power and it idles?????? But I am not sure this is going to last very long. I have the screw settings a lot different than what they call for but we will see. I still have the new one so if problems arise I will throw that one on and see what it does.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Whatch it with the needles. Don't wanna burn the motor.

gmacmopar

Threads
I think it is a tad rich I will pull the plug and see how it is burning

Thks Gary Mac