Bolens ground travel speed

goosemasterkl

Threads
I have a Bolens 38" cut model# 13WC762F065 and it has the gear selector on the dash. My problem is when I'm in a lower gear if you don't keep your foot on the clutch/brake pedal it will come all the way back putting it in a high gear with a fast ground speed. Can someone please give me a solution to this problem? Thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It sounds like the rod from the speed selector on the dash down to the pedal rod had either come off, broke, or something has worn preventing it from locking into the stops on the pedal rod under the mower.

goosemasterkl

Threads
ILENGINE; I've checked underneath and seems like everything is in place. Any other solutions? Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
ILENGINE; I've checked underneath and seems like everything is in place. Any other solutions? Thanks

Did you get under and watch what happens while you had some one working the controls ?
There is a very big difference between everything looking like it is in the right place and everything working together as it should.
The system is very simple

goosemasterkl

Threads
I had my brother-in-law work the clutch/brake pedal plus changing the gear selector while I looked from underneath. When the gear selector is in Park and in the first couple of low speeds you can see where the notches on the gear on the clutch/brake pedal rod assembly will catch and not let the clutch pedal release on out into a higher ground speed. But when you shift the gear selector on up in the medium to higher gear range there is no way for anything to catch on the clutch/ brake pedal gear assembly. Hope this will help in diagnosing my problem. Thanks