New EGO 21" 56 volt lithium-ion cordless self propelled lawn mower

MowerMike

Threads
  • / New EGO 21" 56 volt lithium-ion cordless self propelled lawn mower
This is the first walk behind self propelled lithium-ion battery powered lawn mower that I've seen. Up until now, self propell has only been available on the heavier lead acid battery powered lawn mowers. This mower is powered by a 420Wh lithium-ion battery, that is the largest currently available. They are currently being sold exclusively by Home Depot for $599. A push version is also available with a smaller 280Wh battery for $499.

https://egopowerplus.com/collections/products/products/21-inch-self-propelled-lawn-mower

They are also selling a new 530cfm jet fan blower for $299.

Last edited:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is the first walk behind lithium-ion battery powered lawn mower that I've seen. Up until now, self propell has only been available on the heavier lead acid battery powered lawn mowers. This mower is powered by a 420Wh lithium-ion battery, that is the largest currently available. They are currently being sold exclusively by Home Depot for $599. A push version is also available with a smaller 280Wh battery for $499.

https://egopowerplus.com/collections/products/products/21-inch-self-propelled-lawn-mower

Guess they would be ok, trouble is battery replacement $379 at HD and Granger is getting $494 for the 56.0V, 7.5Ah
[h=1][/h]

MowerMike

Threads
Guess they would be ok, trouble is battery replacement $379 at HD and Granger is getting $494 for the 56.0V, 7.5Ah
[h=1][/h]

Oh, for sure lithium-ion batteries get really expensive when they get that big. On the positive side, EGO offers a 3 year warranty on their batteries, and my experience is that they generally last a lot longer than that. The real advantage in lithium-ion over SLA batteries is that they charge much faster, and in the case of EGO, the 7.5Ah (420Wh) battery recharges in just one hour. A comparable SLA battery would take at least 12 hours to recharge. Also, the lithium-ion battery weighs at least 20 lbs less.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Oh, for sure lithium-ion batteries get really expensive when they get that big. On the positive side, EGO offers a 3 year warranty on their batteries, and my experience is that they generally last a lot longer than that. The real advantage in lithium-ion over SLA batteries is that they charge much faster, and in the case of EGO, the 7.5Ah (420Wh) battery recharges in just one hour. A comparable SLA battery would take at least 12 hours to recharge. Also, the lithium-ion battery weighs at least 20 lbs less.

What battery are you buying at 20lbs :smile: Battery weight: 6.31 lb. (2.86kg) on the 7.5Ah

MowerMike

Threads
What battery are you buying at 20lbs :smile: Battery weight: 6.31 lb. (2.86kg) on the 7.5Ah

I'm just saying that a comparable SLA battery will weigh a lot more than a lithium-ion battery. For example the 24v 20Ah SLA battery in my old lawn mower weighs over 30 lbs, which is more than 20 lbs heavier than the EGO 56v 7.5Ah lithium-ion battery.

MowerMike

Threads

Correction - the blower is $199 with the 2.5 Ah (140 Wh) battery.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
MM - thanx for keeping this Forum updated

Yanni6

Forum Newbie
Threads
The EGO has a 3 year battery warranty, which is definitely encouraging. My main fear is always having the battery weaken, which seems to be the problem with the WORX electric line.

papajack

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is the first walk behind self propelled lithium-ion battery powered lawn mower that I've seen. Up until now, self propell has only been available on the heavier lead acid battery powered lawn mowers. This mower is powered by a 420Wh lithium-ion battery, that is the largest currently available. They are currently being sold exclusively by Home Depot for $599. A push version is also available with a smaller 280Wh battery for $499.

This is my Second Season with a EGO battery powered lawnmower. Love it so much I bought the Leaf Blower & Grass Trimmer. The Battery last about 40 minutes. I just swap out batteries & keep going. Or if I need a break the big battery takes 30 minutes to fully charge.
I just bought the Ryobi Electric Riding Lawnmower from Home Depot. It runs for 2 hours & cuts two acres. As a Prius owner, love these new toys.

MowerMike

Threads
I just bought the Ryobi Electric Riding Lawnmower from Home Depot. It runs for 2 hours & cuts two acres. As a Prius owner, love these new toys.

Welcome to the forum. It's been some time since Recharge Mower went bankrupt that someone has made an affordable cordless electric riding mower. Keep us updated on your experience with the new Ryobi.