Toro 2000 vs 3000

poolecw

Threads
I wanted to get you guys opinions on if the cost of Toro Z master 3000 is worth the premium over the 2000. The 3000 is $1200 more.

The 3000 has the following upgrades over the 2000:

Deck is 7 gauge on sides as well as top. 2000 is 10 gauge on top and 7 gauge on sides.

Spindles are cast iron and greasable versus sealed aluminum

Tires are slightly larger.

Better pump and wheel motor vs integrated

5 year warranty vs 4 year.

Upgraded seat

Are these options worth the extra $1200?

Residential use only... 4 acres per week.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I'm a Toro guy so take my recommendation remembering that. If you can afford the extra cost it is definitely worth the upgrade.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am not a Toro guy but if you can afford it get it. It will be money well spent. Just remember one thing. Do your maintenance or it will mean nothing. Grease and change oil often. I put two pumps in every week. change oil 2 to 3 times a year. All this is cheap. I could go on. My Residential Zero turn still runs and acts like new. and if you can never run ethanol. I run premium just to keep that crap out of my mower.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I wanted to get you guys opinions on if the cost of Toro Z master 3000 is worth the premium over the 2000. The 3000 is $1200 more.

The 3000 has the following upgrades over the 2000:

Deck is 7 gauge on sides as well as top. 2000 is 10 gauge on top and 7 gauge on sides.

Spindles are cast iron and greasable versus sealed aluminum

Tires are slightly larger.

Better pump and wheel motor vs integrated

5 year warranty vs 4 year.

Upgraded seat

Are these options worth the extra $1200?

Residential use only... 4 acres per week.

Thanks.

I am a Toro guy. I run the Z Master 2000. I wont disagree with the others but I do believe that the 2000 will do everything you would need to do. Things like your spindles being grease-able versus sealed aluminum aren't necessarily an upgrade, It's what ever you prefer and personally I prefer the sealed bearing over the grease-able, there a lot less work than greasing every time you turn around.

The 7 gauge deck would a better deck than the 10/7 if you were going to mow 5 or 6 days a week but the 10/7 is an excellent deck that you will probably never have an issue with. I run both the 10/7 and a full 7 gauge deck and as far as cut there's really not any difference that you can see. There both the Turbo Force deck.

Buying the extras are all a matter of opinion, when it comes right down to it, all the options your talking about and asking if there worth the extra $1200 depends on whether your willing to spend the money or not. Both are excellent mowers and you wont go wrong either way. I can tell you my 2000 ran 6 days a week during mowing season and I never had an issue with the mower.

poolecw

Threads
Well guys, I brought home a 3000 today. I got it for $8550 out the door.

One pleasant surprise that I got was the 2016 model comes with a Kawasaki FX801. The 2015 models have the FX 726.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A good choice.
I regularly replace broken spindle housings at $ 200 each .
Weather you break them or not will of course depend upon what your yard is like & how dilligent you are with debris removal before you mow over it and how carefully you drive over pathways and driveways.
The other thing which kills the alloy spindles is picking up wire which can get stuck under the shield and cut away the bottom of the spindle, do 3 or 4 of them a season.
If you use the washout port be very methodical.
Turn the water off and move the mower over dry ground leaving the blades running for at least 10 minutes after the water is turned off.
If you don't then water will be wicked back into the spindle housing as it cools down and this applies to all spindle housings.
If you wear ear protection, dont put it on for the first few minutes so you can hear the engine and the sound of the deck working and do the same at shut down.
You will hear things are not quite right a long time before you feel or see trouble comming .
I advise my customers who do not have access to lifting gear to get a pair of vehicle ramps that made from flat iron so the front caster wheels will run up them .
Enjoy your mower.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well guys, I brought home a 3000 today. I got it for $8550 out the door.

One pleasant surprise that I got was the 2016 model comes with a Kawasaki FX801. The 2015 models have the FX 726.

WOW....congratulations on one great mower!!!! What size cutting deck did you get? Post some pics when you get a chance.....we wanna see it!!!!