Adding headlights to my Hustler Raptor Zero turn

Donkman

Threads
I know I can but want to make sure I splice in on the right wire on my ignition switch. (See attachment)

Raptor Headlights.jpg

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Nothing wrong with that unless you want them to turn off with the ignition switch.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes, Thats what I want in case I forget to turn them off!

Your ignition switch doesn't have a accessory terminal. The R terminal may work for you with a relay or change your ignition switch over to a 5 terminal ignition switch instead of 4 in which you have now. Any way you look at it you will have to do some wiring. They didn't wire your mower for lights. Maybe add a pilot light to your system that will remind you to turn them off would be easier ?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I know I can but want to make sure I splice in on the right wire on my ignition switch. (See attachment)

View attachment 27987

Correction to this post. IGNORE IT!

Where your arrow is pointed to is the correct wire. I would attach after the fuse. Check to make sure no power with key off and power with key on after engine is started.

Last edited:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Where your arrow is pointed to is the correct wire. I would attach after the fuse. Check to make sure no power with key off and power with key on after engine is started.

If you look at the wiring diagram a little better you will see the wire he has the arrow pointed to go's to the positive side of the battery and will not work with the ignition switch, but be live all the time. It operates the positive side of the starter solenoid coil when you go to the start position. But do it as you want. There is a reason they add the fifth terminal on lawn tractor ignition switches and it for lights.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you look at the wiring diagram a little better you will see the wire he has the arrow pointed to go's to the positive side of the battery and will not work with the ignition switch, but be live all the time. It operates the positive side of the starter solenoid coil when you go to the start position. But do it as you want. There is a reason they add the fifth terminal on lawn tractor ignition switches and it for lights.

Darn I completely missed that. What a rookie mistake. I now even see the B on the ignition.

Donkman

Threads
Your ignition switch doesn't have a accessory terminal. The R terminal may work for you with a relay or change your ignition switch over to a 5 terminal ignition switch instead of 4 in which you have now. Any way you look at it you will have to do some wiring. They didn't wire your mower for lights. Maybe add a pilot light to your system that will remind you to turn them off would be easier ?

I like the idea to change the ignition switch over to a 5 terminal ignition, Any recommendations?