1994 JD Hydrostatic rear end

Glyn Robinson

Threads
i have done a little research to find the hydro transmission on my 1994 JD 320 is discontinued. if something happens to mine, are they rebuild-able?

JD part number AM118823

Thanks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
i have done a little research to find the hydro transmission on my 1994 JD 320 is discontinued. if something happens to mine, are they rebuild-able?

JD part number AM118823

Thanks

Being a 25 year old John Deere the big problem will be finding parts. It has a Sandstrand Hydro and you will find only John Deere parts will fit. Before you take it apart you might what to see what is still available in parts. You might be better off just finding a used one. (if something happens to mine) If its good don't mess with it would be my advice.

Glyn Robinson

Threads
thanks. i plan on leaving it alone, other than changing the filter and fluid.

Modeere318

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is the best plan, change oil and filter on schedule and keep it as clean as possible. That is what will give it long life.

Glyn Robinson

Threads
i changed the fluid and spin on filter (along with the hydro in line filter under the fender pan) before mowing season last year. a couple of weeks ago, i changed the hydro fluid again, as peace of mind. the oil was still clear. so, i will not changes it again for two years. i don't put very many hours on it per year. 33 hours last year. i was having to keep a close check on the hydro fluid level because i had a very small leak from somewhere. but when i changed the fluid the other day i noticed the o ring seal on the drain plug was a little distorted. i replaced the o ring and i believe that will fix that issue. also, when i serviced the transmission this year, i replaced both the suction and drain hoses as well.