Im not getting Emails

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am not receiving e-mails on any thing I have posted to.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am not receiving e-mails on any thing I have posted to.

There is a lot of things not working anymore on the forum. I can't speak as to why things have gone crazy but I don't get emails anymore either and haven't for a while. I can't blame my problem on windows 10 because I can use two other computers having windows 8.1 an 7 and a new Tablet and I have the same problem on those, nothing works.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thought I might as well chime in on this one, as I started the other thread. For the past three years I have complained about notifications with limited help. I do receive notification from about the beginning of March until the end of September. Then they stop and I complain. This fall I decided not to complain, just see what happens this spring, as I see there have been a lot of problems with the website since it changed servers. Personally I don't think that getting the site back to the way it worked well when I joined is high on the list of problems. Hopefully I'm wrong and to those who feel I don't care about replying I apologize.

Mikel1

Threads
Yep, no emails here either.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Still nothing, but it is getting close to March and maybe they will start to be sent out again.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Still nothing, but it is getting close to March and maybe they will start to be sent out again.

I'm not only getting Emails I also get notifications to my home page anymore.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
It also did not show this tread as new post in it. Someone hiding problems I think.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It also did not show this tread as new post in it. Someone hiding problems I think.

No one is paying for this site and no one is trying to hide anything.
If we all want to pay say $ 10 pa each then Mohammad can move the forum to the server of his choice where all the CGI scripts will run properly.
As it is the phrase "beggars can not be choosers" applies.
For all the functions we used to have to work, the server software has to be 100% compatible with the forum software.
This whole site exists on the hope that some of us will respond to the advertising that appears on the pages you look at so they can get the "commission" or if not that on the tiny margin that computer advertising agencies will pay to insert those adds we all hate.
Site hosting costs money and so does storage so the current serves does not store photos which take a lot of memory.
It just stores a reference to an image held elsewhere.
When the page is being generated on your screen the server this forum is on tells the photo hosting server to put this photo in that place on this person's computer.
If and only if there is a fixed link like the code you see in photo-bucket.
o save on bandwidth and thus costs, if the photo is stored on the same server as the forum, it only shows a link.
This is fairly standard forum hosting software.
So again you get what you pay for, and we pay nothing so nothing is what we get.

This oft comes up on free forums, people forget that the internet and server space is not free, some one is kicking the can and generally what happens is as a forum becomes very popular it exceeds the limit for free traffic so administrators like Mohammad either have to find some one to foot the bill, or take the forum to another usually larger host. The bigger the host the fewer features you get allowed for free.

I run several forums and we come across the bandwidth problem regularly.
Some times the members are happy to stump up so we go to a fee for service host and enjoy all we want to happen and if they pay enough no adds, larger photos , faster downloads and email notifications.
On other forums we split the members into those who pay and get access to everything that is available from the host and those who do not pay and they only get access to the basic package features.

Last edited by a moderator: