Fill in the blank contract vs computer filled contract

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Fill in the blank contract vs computer filled contract
For years I have been doing all my contracts on the computer. I would have a template and then change the adress, name, price, etc. for each client.

For this year, I was thinking about typing out my contracts on the computer and leaving blanks and then filling in the blanks while I am at the customer. I think this would be quicker and lock done jobs/contracts faster. What do you guys/girls think?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In this day and age it is always better to have a piece of paper to give to the customer to sign. Which ever way is the fastest and easiest for you to do it, will be the best. I've always used a blank contract (in triplicate) which the customer signs before starting any job. This has bailed me out of a lot of difficult situations. Computer would mean a lot less paper, just as long as you always have a back up of some sort. But then, computers never crash or loose info. Just the way I do it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
For years I have been doing all my contracts on the computer. I would have a template and then change the adress, name, price, etc. for each client.

For this year, I was thinking about typing out my contracts on the computer and leaving blanks and then filling in the blanks while I am at the customer. I think this would be quicker and lock done jobs/contracts faster. What do you guys/girls think?

With technology the way it is today there's really no need to carry paper contracts. I mean you can carry a 6,8 or 10" Tablet with you that will hold and do every thing you need it to do. You can have all your Files,/ client files with you all the time. Take credit cards do you contracts right there in the truck on site.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
That tablet thing isn't a bad idea. Just a big investment along with a small printer I could bring on-board.

I could always make the contract twice so that we can both save a copy. Gotta think about this.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
That tablet thing isn't a bad idea. Just a big investment along with a small printer I could bring on-board.

I could always make the contract twice so that we can both save a copy. Gotta think about this.

It's not a big investment. you can get a tablet for under $100 and a Canon PIXMA wireless Inkjet Printer/Copier/Scanner for under $40. Now that's not to say you can't spend more. I just got the Kindle Fire HD 8" Tablet from Amazon and it does everything this lap top will do and there $149 and it's got better sound than any of my other computers, it's High Definition with Dual Dolby Stereo Speakers.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ohh I didn't know I could get this for so cheap. I even have Windows on my Mac, so I could get a Windows tablet and sync it with my laptop.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ohh I didn't know I could get this for so cheap. I even have Windows on my Mac, so I could get a Windows tablet and sync it with my laptop.

What ever you buy or if you do decide to go with a Tablet make sure it's expandable. My fire is 8GB but it's expandable to 128GB with a SD card. I went with the 64GB card. Someone mentioned something about computer crashes but there's no worry there. If you use a card or save your information to the cloud you wont loose any information and the information from the cloud is accessible from any computer by or with a password. Using a tablet or computer for your business is the way to go, there are no limitations on what you can do.