Does snow plow close your driveway?

rjaaaaaa

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here's a little tip when clearing your driveway to keep the snow plow from pushing snow into your newly cleared driveway. See diagram

Attachments

• SNOW.jpg
    SNOW.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 140

John R

Threads
Started doing that a few years ago, I actually learned this by mistake, I cleaned a spot for the trash can and noticed the plow didn't plug the driveway any more.

Threads
Here's a little tip when clearing your driveway to keep the snow plow from pushing snow into your newly cleared driveway. See diagram

And if your mailbox is on that side of the driveway and you PROPERLY clear it, then you will kill 2 birds with one stone because you'll get the same result you talk about. :thumbsup:

Stevie-Ray

Threads
The plow always beats me to the job as it is very punctual. I don't usually plow til around 9 or 10am. But I have a quad with plow, so I just shove it into the shoulder, as I'm plowing the driveway. As long as I clean it up after my drive is plowed nobody complains. That takes usually only one or two passes to empty shoulder.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have to do that just to be able see traffic because the snow banks get too high. You must not get the deep snow that we get because just the snow in front of the driveway on the road plugs my driveway. Yes I can see where it helps till we get pounded with a big snow. I also have to use the snowblower to move the road plow snow because it get packed in very hard and it doesn't help with all the salt that the town uses..

michel1

Forum Newbie
Threads
This winter snow was pretty heavy and find it very difficult shoveling the snow on driveways. Anyway thanks for sharing.

Max Headroom

Forum Newbie
Threads
Of course they do. I normally snow blow street level for the entire length of my house. However, snow plows depending on depth will make several runs in my community. So clearing out the front of the house doesn't always get the desired result. The attached photo is from our 20" March snow fall. 6 snow plows making 3 runs dumped 5' plus piles of snow at EOD. Fortunately, we have a snow blower that makes EOD clearing easier.

Attachments

• wife.png
    wife.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 51

AnnaM

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the information.

free_safety

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can anyone who has gotten this to work post pics?
Snow ploughs in my area simply dump snow in a continuous motion as they drive down the road. So I am not clear on how the position of a snowbank would change anything.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You are not building a snow bank. It is already there. You are clearing 12 feet of it before the driveway so when the plow comes by it drops the snow it has before it gets to your driveway.