JACOBSEN TWIN CYLINDER / 2 CYCLE ENGINE ???? IS IT TRUE?

rjaaaaaa

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / JACOBSEN TWIN CYLINDER / 2 CYCLE ENGINE ???? IS IT TRUE?
POSTED THIS THREAD UNDER JACOBSEN HISTORY BUT I THOUGHT IT MIGHT GET MORE ATTENTION HERE, SEE THE THREAD FOR MORE PHOTOS

I recently acquired a very unusual engine. I posted some photos on smokstak forum and they came through with the info that this engine was an early Jacobsen twin cylinder / 2 cycle engine. I can not find any photos or info on such an engine. Anyone who might have more info and some photos of this engine and what it powered would be greatly appreciated. One person had a blurry picture of a brochure showing a similar engine mounted on a reel mower. His info said it wasn't produced many years ?? This engine turns over and has good compression, I haven't tried to get it started yet but will very soon.
Thanks
Ron

Attachments

• g1 - Copy.JPG
    g1 - Copy.JPG
    281.4 KB · Views: 29
  • copyg9.JPG
    copyg9.JPG
    244.6 KB · Views: 22
  • copyg8.JPG
    copyg8.JPG
    296.7 KB · Views: 25

uptown

Threads
  • / JACOBSEN TWIN CYLINDER / 2 CYCLE ENGINE ???? IS IT TRUE?
the Jacobsen twin reel mower was made from 1931 to 1941 it was a 32" reel mower great find!!!! I never had one I know of 2 complete twin mowers ive seen the engines here and there very rare good luck if you need and specs I can prob dig some up and if you want to sell it let me know GREAT FIND GOOD LUCK!!!!!