Ariens EZR 1542 won't start after electrical short.....

O2Man

Threads
  • / Ariens EZR 1542 won't start after electrical short.....
I experienced an electrical short the last time it was running (while running) that sent a jolt up the throttle cable and shut it down immediately. Since then, it will not turn over or start from the ignition switch (which I have replaced new). However, I can get it to turn over if I "hot wire" either the wiring harness that plugs into the ignition switch, or the starter solenoid posts, but even under either of those two circumstances, it will not fire, only turns over.

I have replaced the ignition switch and the pto/seat relay, and have tested all switches for continuity, and they all have continuity when they are supposed to, so I am thoroughly confused and have no idea what to look at or check next. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
there could be a chance that the electrical short damaged the ignition module by sending 12v where it shouldn't be. could have also damaged an electrical connector someplace in the wiring harness.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there! WELCOME to LawnMowerForum! :biggrin:

I moved your thread to the Gravely/Ariens Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup: