1999 F925

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I was going to install a digital oil presser gauge anyway so no extra cost now. Battery has been holding 12.48v all day. I will check again tomorrow. I don't know how to do a draw down test. Would love to learn but just don't know how.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Turn everything off then hook up an ampmeter between one of th battery terminals and the lead that normally connects to it ( ie ampmeter is in series with the battery )
If you get a reading, something is drawing power.

Cheap and nasty way is to make & break contact between the battey and one terminal wire in a very dark place.
If it sparks then again some thing is pulling down power.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yep I finally found a youtub video about how to do it. I was basically doing the same thing only with the light and not a volt meter. Im going to do it with a volt meter today after work to see if anything else is wrong.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
You may show power draw with a volt meter. I just use a DC test light myself. You want to check for amperage draw not voltage.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes use the amp setting on the volt meter. When amp draw goes down the you find the offender.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Battery still up and no amp draw. Consider this fixed.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Let me thank everyone that helped. It turned on my brain to be able to fix this issue quickly. New gauge is here so I will install that tonight after work and see how that works.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to update everyone on this issue. The problem came beck. I guess the battery was holding on for a while before it went dead. Further investigation came to a really weird part. First let me tell you someone had moved the relays position on the mower. I thought I was working on the starter relay when I was actually haveing problems with the GLO Plugs control modual. That being said it was the fact that someone replaced the control modual with a relay. It is wired backwards for a relay. It was tripping the relay all the time so the battery drain was that. I replaced the control modual and it is running and working like a charm. It only cost $67.00 and almost a year to completely figure it out. I wish people that have no knowledge in electrical issues would just leave things alone.