In the market for a zero turn, & in need of some input!!!

jperrotti001

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / In the market for a zero turn, & in need of some input!!!
I have a little over 3 acres. Thinking about a 54" or 60". Prefer a Kawasaki engine. I've looked @ the original Bad Boy Outlaw, Hustler Fastrak, Kubota Z125s, & wanting to check out the Gravely Pro Turn series. Please let me know what y'all think on these mowers.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
All good mowers. What you want:

1. Good hydro trans (3100 and up)
2. Close dealer that also offers very good service
3. The best Warranty

Be carefull with deck size. Too big on uneven lawns can scalp and not cut as well.

RhettWS

Threads
I agree with Lawnboy. They are all good mower brands. I would focus on dealerships near you first to determine who would provide the best service and who you would feel comfortable working with. I just agonized about 3 months over purchasing a new mower. Ended up with a Hustler from a dealer about 2 miles from me (4H Equipment). Very personable and not pushy with a very good selection of common brands. When I went to pick up my mower they had all the paperwork in a nice binder with all the serial numbers written in in various locations for me to refer to easily.

Got a hat too!!! :thumbsup:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
jperrotti001;224659 Prefer a Kawasaki engine. QUOTE said:
That would be my the last choice for a engine but you know what you want. Everything is overpriced on a Kawasaki engine and I don't see where they are any better made.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a little over 3 acres. Thinking about a 54" or 60". Prefer a Kawasaki engine. I've looked @ the original Bad Boy Outlaw, Hustler Fastrak, Kubota Z125s, & wanting to check out the Gravely Pro Turn series. Please let me know what y'all think on these mowers.

Well there all good mowers but the Hustler Fastrak SD would be my choice from the makes mentioned. You'll get a four year 600 hour warranty and you get a commercial mower with the Kawasaki FS engine and the 3400 drives I believe. I can tell the Gravely pro Turns are good mowers but there not or don't compare to the Hustler. I don't know how much money you want to spend but you may want to consider the Toro Z Master Series, the Z Master 3000 My-Ride in a 60" is a sweet mower.

jperrotti001

Forum Newbie
Threads
I appreciate the replies. I have dealers nearby for all the makes listed. I'm looking to spend $7,000. I'll look into that toro.