scag liberty z vs. kubota z121e

undecided

Forum Newbie
Threads
new to forum and needing advice. looking to purchase one of following ztr's and would appreciate any feedback to help my decision;
scag liberty z (residental), 48in fab deck, zt 2800 hydros, 3 yr warranty on chassis (2 on kohler 7000 series motor) , 20in back tires -11in front $4300
kubota z122e, 48in fab deck, zt3100 hydros, 4 yr warranty front to back including briggs motor desined to kubota specs, 22in front tires, seat belt and rops $4500

thanks for any advice on making this decision

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Kubota hands down. Better warranty, better hydros, bigger tires and I don't like Kohler engines.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Agree, Kubota all the way, but I'm sure you will get others who will say Scag.

undecided

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for the feedback! Would the dealer service sway your decision either way. Scag dealer has excellent customer feedback and is approx. 15 mins away. Kubota dealer is approx. 30 mins away and has just an "okay" feedback. ive spoken with both dealers and yes, the scag dealer is much more on a personal level......any advice ? still kubota?

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, Kubota is the better machine with the Hydro and motor. The choici is yours. Both will run fine. But, dealer support is very important to me! I wouldn't know what to choose. Maybe try out each machine to see which is better for you.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
new to forum and needing advice. looking to purchase one of following ztr's and would appreciate any feedback to help my decision;
scag liberty z (residental), 48in fab deck, zt 2800 hydros, 3 yr warranty on chassis (2 on kohler 7000 series motor) , 20in back tires -11in front $4300
kubota z122e, 48in fab deck, zt3100 hydros, 4 yr warranty front to back including briggs motor desined to kubota specs, 22in front tires, seat belt and rops $4500

thanks for any advice on making this decision

I know people are saying Kubota hands down, better warranty and all that but is it really a better warranty? My question would be how many hours do you get with those warranty's. I'd do some more online research if I were you, Example from the Scag site: ( The Scag "Simply the Best" warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of service. 5-years or 750 hours (whichever comes first) What's the Kubota?

As far as the drives go there's not enough difference between the two drives to make a difference especially if you using the machine for home use. I used the 2800 drives for 5 years commercially and never had an issue.

Between the two motors I'd go with the Kohler and stay away from Briggs, I've also use the Kohler Courage engine with those 2800 drives for the same time period and never had any issues. Kohler makes a real good engine. Personally I'd find a machine with a Kawasaki FS series engine and it would last you forever for home use.

Sgreenlee6

Forum Newbie
Threads
Interested to hear what you ended up with as I am in the exact same boat. Thanks.