2014 FW35 -- HELP, Grinding noise when in neutral

BillinPA

Forum Newbie
Threads
I own a 2014 Ferris 20HP (Kawasaki) FW35 (52") walk-behind with approx. 40 hours on it. I used it thru-out the summer (2015) and it worked perfectly. Approx. 3 days ago, I had to move it out of my garage, in order to access some packages. The mower started normally and I moved it. I left it sitting outside for a few hours. When I went to move it back in, again it started normally but when I placed it in position to park and shifted the mower into neutral. I heard a high-pitched, "whining" type noise along with a grinding noise-which I had never heard up to that point. I took it out of neutral and it stopped. I started it a few more time (from neutral) and the noise kept happening but it stopped, once I shifted it out of neutral? All fluids were fine, too!

Does anybody out there have a similar experience. I'm assuming that the noise is coming from the transmission? Up to this point, my mower never did this. In fact, it's been in storage (and hasn't been used) since the beginning of October! It was bought new, the day after Thanksgiving 2014.

Any advice, suggestions are appreciated. This is my first Ferris mower. I'm much more familiar w/Bobcat brand

Bill (from Pennsylvania)

gainestruk

Threads
Being it is only one year old you had better take it back to dealer and have them check it out.
If you try to dig into it to find out what's wrong you could void the warranty.