The original Craftsman rotory mower

unclelee

Threads

Lol....that's just how the ladies mowed back in the day.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes.
it is funny to look at the difference between then & now.

Print adds still show women with as little coths as the censor will allow but instruction manuals show operators with padded trousers, gloves, helments & protective eyewea.
There must be a shortage of rubber in the USA because the video adds seem show women who are not able to get a proper fitting bra.

When I had the courier company I dropped a mower off to one of my photographer clients.
The next day he asked me to take it back.
When I asked why he did not shoot it he showed me the brief from the advertising department and yes it was written by some one who shoud have spent 15 minutes in the mens room with a copy of Playboy.
It had to look like a F! car side and front on from ground level up but a sumptious blonde ( mower was blue) from full height. He was supposed to make the curved handle bars represent brests, the pinched in pivot point as a waist and the catcher hips.
Poor darling apparently had no legs. He declined the job and funny enough the new design was a fantastic flop and one of the prime reasons why the company went to the wall.

It only goes to show someting an add man told me years ago.
When the product stinks, resort to SEX.

ziti

Threads
What a great post! My father had one of those old Craftsman. I was about 5 or 6 and remember the teeth on the front and warning stamped on the rear deck. That old mower was always hard to start. Dad would wrap the starter rope, with the wooden handle, around and give it a pull and nothing would happen. He'd swear at it like a drill sargent. One time, I was behind him watching with my hands on my knees, when he pulled the rope and the next thing I knew I was flat on my back staring up at the blue sky!

unclelee

Threads
I found another early Craftsman mower so I thought I would add it here.