New startup advice

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I also agree that it cost a lot to keep people in prison but I also don't mind paying taxes to keep the ones there that belong there. As far as no need to tell anyone that a employee has been in jail is basically a thing of the past because as I said before most employers private, county and state anymore all require finger printing and back ground checks to be hired to or for a job. In most cases, not all but most the people who have records end up as Day Labor. Paying taxes is the American way of life. We pay for Welfare, Food Stamps and a ton of other things, so what.

But if me or you hire a ex con we do not have to tell our customers.
If one was to ask me I would be honest.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
But if me or you hire a ex con we do not have to tell our customers.
If one was to ask me I would be honest.

I had an ex con working for me but had to let him go because a client objected to him being on there property. Problem is when one client finds out it's not long and all your clients know. I'll never hire another.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So to pander to the xenophobic racist predjucies you will end up with crews containing no one else but white anglo males with blond hair & blue eyes.
Zig Hale !

Mikel1

Threads
I also agree that it cost a lot to keep people in prison but I also don't mind paying taxes to keep the ones there that belong there. As far as no need to tell anyone that a employee has been in jail is basically a thing of the past because as I said before most employers private, county and state anymore all require finger printing and back ground checks to be hired to or for a job. In most cases, not all but most the people who have records end up as Day Labor.
Paying taxes is the American way of life. We pay for Welfare, Food Stamps and a ton of other things, so what.

Never heard of "ban the box" I presume

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
These people will be at people's homes sometimes alone in a back yard, criminals are opportunistic and rarely change.

If you tell customers you hire ex cons you will not succeed.

If you do not tell them and something happens not only will you not succeed you will be sued and bankrupt.

Simple answer just dont, let them get jobs in the mines, mills, away from civilization. This is a ridiculous idea I'm sorry you thought it was good but end all its just not

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
These people will be at people's homes sometimes alone in a back yard, criminals are opportunistic and rarely change.

If you tell customers you hire ex cons you will not succeed.

If you do not tell them and something happens not only will you not succeed you will be sued and bankrupt.

Simple answer just dont, let them get jobs in the mines, mills, away from civilization. This is a ridiculous idea I'm sorry you thought it was good but end all its just not

Total and utter garbage.
The bulk of people in gaol are there because of lack of proper education and down here is is principally black people.
The next largest group are there because of a drug addiction
The next largest group are people with mental - emotional problems.
These three groups account for better than 90 % of the people in prision and that is apparently roughly the same world wide in democratic countries.
And yes there are some, a very small group with a different set of moral & social values who could be called "career criminals" .
The rest go back into prision because when they come out, the circumstances that sent them there in the first place have not changed

If given proper post prision support most will never reoffend and this has been proven hundreds of times by pilot trials in every country including the USA
As far as I know, Spain & Portigal are the only two countries that are actually doing this mainstream with a near 100% success rate.

The problem is greed & envy in the "non inprisioned" section of the community making it political suiside for a politician to say " I am going to give these ex-cons a better education than your children were offered and better heath care than you get in order that they can be rehabilitated and become normal members of the community and if they can not find meaningfull employment I will support them starting a small business so they do not need to return to crime in order to live."
Every one is happy for CRIMINALS to go to prison and the more of THEM in there the better, a simple example of the base emotion of REVENGE.
And this is almost universal, untill the drug addict who supports his habbit by selling more drugs, or stealing cars is your son, daughter , cousin etc.
Then they are a troubled person, temporarily off the rails and need a little help to get back on the right track again.
Hitler used this to great effect, all of your problems are because of THEM and because of human nature we happily go along with this line.
So all we have to do is lock up all of the non-people who broke the law forever and we will all be safe & free ?

When the Dutch decrimialised pot their property crimes dropped by a staggering 85 %.
Portugal has also decrimialised drugs and their property crime has also dropped , by 92% and on top of this violent crime ( assults) has also dropped by around 20% .

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Total and utter garbage.
The bulk of people in gaol are there because of lack of proper education and down here is is principally black people.
The next largest group are there because of a drug addiction
The next largest group are people with mental - emotional problems.
These three groups account for better than 90 % of the people in prision and that is apparently roughly the same world wide in democratic countries.
And yes there are some, a very small group with a different set of moral & social values who could be called "career criminals" .
The rest go back into prision because when they come out, the circumstances that sent them there in the first place have not changed

If given proper post prision support most will never reoffend and this has been proven hundreds of times by pilot trials in every country including the USA
As far as I know, Spain & Portigal are the only two countries that are actually doing this mainstream with a near 100% success rate.

The problem is greed & envy in the "non inprisioned" section of the community making it political suiside for a politician to say " I am going to give these ex-cons a better education than your children were offered and better heath care than you get in order that they can be rehabilitated and become normal members of the community and if they can not find meaningfull employment I will support them starting a small business so they do not need to return to crime in order to live."
Every one is happy for CRIMINALS to go to prison and the more of THEM in there the better, a simple example of the base emotion of REVENGE.
And this is almost universal, untill the drug addict who supports his habbit by selling more drugs, or stealing cars is your son, daughter , cousin etc.
Then they are a troubled person, temporarily off the rails and need a little help to get back on the right track again.
Hitler used this to great effect, all of your problems are because of THEM and because of human nature we happily go along with this line.
So all we have to do is lock up all of the non-people who broke the law forever and we will all be safe & free ?

When the Dutch decrimialised pot their property crimes dropped by a staggering 85 %.
Portugal has also decrimialised drugs and their property crime has also dropped , by 92% and on top of this violent crime ( assults) has also dropped by around 20% .

None of this matters at all.

The customer(you know the person who pays you so you can run your business) does not want ex cons on their property.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do you know that they do not want an person who may have not paid a parking fine in their yards, or are you inflicting your own predjucises on them ?

Quite by accident I ended up employing a local black lad who was begging in the street.
My 2 biggest customers were outraged by this as they were second guessing that their customers would be offended and pull advertising .
Well as it happened "their customers" took to him like a duck to water.
An art director started using him and his cousin who I also put on in the background of video clips and TV commercials.
Entually another one of my customers took them on as extras.
Last time I heard from Albert he was in New York running his own casting agency placing Aust Aboriginies world wide.
Hardy Brothers a local major jewellers were the only people who rang back to check who he was before handing over a $ 110,000 watch to him.
My drivers wore no uniforms so they were real live people with names to all my customers, it does make a big difference.
I am not a meglomaniac who gets off by reviewing all m "troops" resplendant in their pretty uniforms & vehicles.

Now the OP was not putting his workers alone into peoples yards they were going to be part of a crew.

If you are prejudiced well & good, you are quite entitled to be but don't try to project your own prejudices onto others so you can appear to be a saint.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Again doesn't matter. Ex inmates people stop listening they don't want to hear the story they can hire someone who hasn't been to jail cheaper.

Would I hire ex cons to work on my personal property hell no. I know not a single one of my customer would it's just a bad idea.

They can go get a job in some labor position away from the public at some saw mill or mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Again doesn't matter. Ex inmates people stop listening they don't want to hear the story they can hire someone who hasn't been to jail cheaper.

Would I hire ex cons to work on my personal property hell no. I know not a single one of my customer would it's just a bad idea.

They can go get a job in some labor position away from the public at some saw mill or mine.

I agree with you exotion. Berts talks about the bulk of people in jail are there because of lack of proper education, drug addition or there people with mental - emotional problems. People who are in jail are there of there own doing it's not because of the lack of proper education because education is available to anyone who wants it and the majority of drug addition is by choice, hell it's easier to make a house payments and pay bills than support a drug habit. As you say they can go get a job in at a day labor position.