Snapper Auger Gearbox~model 8261

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I watch deer out my back window, have no idea how that answers my questions, so Bert I'm turning this one over to you or someone else. Again questioning why I answered in the first place, but now I'm going to the back window to see things that make sense.

:) I think your awesome

valley ranch

Threads
question was: How and what are you measuring for end play? Do you mean 1/4" movement on each side of the gearbox, or an 1/8" movement on each side if the gear box for a total of 1/4"? If the entire gearbox is moving a 1/4" left and right inside the auger housing, then you need to check the outside bearings. Unless you have a very old unit I doubt that the thrust washers are bad. Final question, does the gearbox itself move left/right or up/down when the unit is running?

The answer is: I can move the gearbox lateral, that is side to side 1/4"each way. Sorry if I wasn't being clear and in enough detail. Thank you.

Richard

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There was a good reason why I left this one alone, apart from the attempt at some humour.
Snow ploughs are not exactly my forte.
Got something to do with lack of snow to plough
Today is 40 Deg C, as was yesterday & the day before.
During winter we occasionally get a night time down to -4 Deg C which will trigger some heavy frost but that is about it.
In the 8 years I have been here there have only been 2 years with a cold enough winter to trigger the cherry trees to set fruit.
The landlord has 400 olive trees in the 2 orchard plots & I have another 200 in the nursery around my water tank awaiting some enthusiasm to plant them out.

This time of year I am flat out servicing all of the home fire pumps.

I had some staff under 30 so am used to the permanently wired in generation who go hysterical if they do not get an email or text replied to within 5 sec.
A niece actually had to get counciling because the "slow" responses of her " friends" on face book were taken as hatred.

A different world.
My phone sits in the pocket.
Usually get back to some one within 24 hours.
I must just be getting old.

valley ranch

Threads
Not a problem Bert.

We're getting hammered. We got a wet one, Sierra Cement, each shovel is 25lbs, there's no blowing this stuff. Good base for the ski resorts. We're pro skiers, plus we need the snow, been in a drought, last couple years.

Have a good Christmas.

Richard