Ventrac versus traditional tractor and bush hog

presnewt

Forum Newbie
Threads
We have pasture land that needs bush hogging each year but I would really rather have a machine with front end mower instead of rear end attachment. Has anyone compared using a Ventrac 4000 model with tough cut mower versus a traditional tractor pulling a 5 or 6 foot bush hog. We have some slopes to be mowed, and the fields are really just tall grass and weeds, not really any heavy brush. Curious as to which cuts better and is one any quicker than the other.

Thanks

zmister11

Threads
We have pasture land that needs bush hogging each year but I would really rather have a machine with front end mower instead of rear end attachment. Has anyone compared using a Ventrac 4000 model with tough cut mower versus a traditional tractor pulling a 5 or 6 foot bush hog. We have some slopes to be mowed, and the fields are really just tall grass and weeds, not really any heavy brush. Curious as to which cuts better and is one any quicker than the other.

Thanks

I don't think you can go wrong with a ventrac

Raw Dodge

Threads
I'd say in open areas the traditional tractor would easily handle everything especially if you had 34 plus at the pto for a 6ft hog and 28 plus for a 5ft..thin grass would easily be handled by less pto power or the Ventrac. If you get a real wet season you'd have to go real slow with the Ventrac to avoid slipping a belt or bogging. From my experience our 32hp compact tractor has alot more power than my 31hp ventrac ,alot..not even close...the tractor is a 1.73 liter engine making 32hp at 2500..Ventrac is only a .953 liter Making 31hp at 3600rpm...on paper the max numbers seem close but they are in different ballparks.