Cub cadet 128 Problem

pizzaman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone,
I bought last fall a 'new' Cub Cadet 128 and within the first week had unfortunately driven over a hidden steel post on some previously infrequently mowed lawn.
I took the deck off and repositioned the belt which had come off one pulley and put everything back.
Unfortunately I must have done something wrong because right after the clutch system does not seem to disengage the motor from the drive system.
Depressing the clutch will still not let me put it into gear and I can only run it if i start it in gear.
Neither will it disengage once it is in gear unless I physically 'force' the gear lever to neutral.
I see the shaft out of the rear of the motor is turning constantly clutch in ir not.
Where does the clutch system disengage...at the rear of the motor or in the transmission.
I would really appreciate any help as I am a complete newbie to Cubs and now I feel a real pratt having run over a post and apparently broken it.
Hoping it is merely something I misaligned or similar and not a broken clutch.
As I said the clutch worked perfectly prior to the post incident and nothing appears broken.
Any help most gratefully accepted as I LOVE this machine but mowing constantly in gear is tough!!!

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there! WELCOME to LawnMowerForum! :biggrin:

I moved your thread to the Cub Cadet Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup:

pizzaman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the redirect. I'll go look there.