Toro Commercial vs Toro heavy duty

PyhooyaBooya

Threads
I am looking at a few self propelled 21" mowers by Toro.

Heavy Duty:
Honda 160 or Kawasaki 180 Engine
About 110 lbs
Welded deck
Rear wheel drive "Personal Pace"
Around $600 if memory serves me correct

Commercial:
Honda 190 Engine
About 85 lbs
Welded deck (he said it was a little thicker than the heavy duty)
Rear wheel drive (one speed) simpler design
Closer to $900 if memory is correct again.

I don't want to spend any money if I don't need to. The salesman said that the "Personal Pace" drive system wouldn't be as solid as just the "one speed" drive. They also said that the commercial mower had a different wheel height setup. The both look tough, but I don't know if the commercial mower is worth the extra $300. HELP!!!

LandN

Threads
my thoughts are...if you are using a mower several hours a day (and/or) several yards a week,buy a commercial mower .......less than that,(and/or) on your own yard, you should be able to get by with the heavy duty model.

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
My last mower (not a Toro) was a single speed; the wrong speed. It was too fast for thick clumps or if the grass was a little long because it rained for several days and it was too slow in sparce and thin grass. I'd buy a push mower before I'd buy another single speed self-propelled mower. My 2 cents.

PyhooyaBooya

Threads
I'm not too concerned with the self propelling feature. I wouldn't mind a push mower really. I'm more worried about durability of the whole system. I don't know if 160cc is big enough for a commercial job. Basically, I am just wondering which of the two would be in the shop less (for the money).

LandN

Threads
I'm not too concerned with the self propelling feature. I wouldn't mind a push mower really. I'm more worried about durability of the whole system. I don't know if 160cc is big enough for a commercial job. Basically, I am just wondering which of the two would be in the shop less (for the money).

Now, on this post you're talking "commercial job" which leaves only one choice....commercial mower. any mower can go in the shop for a multitude of reasons, but i would think your main concern is a rugged mower with a bigger engine to take care of commercial property..just my thoughts

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am looking at a few self propelled 21" mowers by Toro.

Heavy Duty:
Honda 160 or Kawasaki 180 Engine
About 110 lbs
Welded deck
Rear wheel drive "Personal Pace"
Around $600 if memory serves me correct

Commercial:
Honda 190 Engine
About 85 lbs
Welded deck (he said it was a little thicker than the heavy duty)
Rear wheel drive (one speed) simpler design
Closer to $900 if memory is correct again.

I don't want to spend any money if I don't need to. The salesman said that the "Personal Pace" drive system wouldn't be as solid as just the "one speed" drive. They also said that the commercial mower had a different wheel height setup. The both look tough, but I don't know if the commercial mower is worth the extra $300. HELP!!!

I don't know who you are dealing with on the Honda mower you've listed but I don't believe the guy is right in what he is telling you because that mower is not a commercial mower. That Mower I believe has the Nexite Deck which is a polymer material and it has the 190cc motor. List on it is $699.

The HRC Series which is there commercial series, by Honda only has two mowers and both are 160cc motors and run a 15ga. steel deck. The HRC216PDA which is strictly push is $749 and the HRC216HXA self propelled is $1249. FYI :smile: You mite also want to look at the warranty on the Nexite deck link below Commercial Warranty is only 90 days. :eek:

Honda Power Equipment - HRX217K2VKA