Fuel Primer bulb goes down and stays there....what would cause this?

bkm48198

Threads
  • / Primer bulb goes down and stays there....what would cause this?
I have a Poulan leaf blower that started giving me problems, I replaced the carb, fuel lines and filter and it ran great for 2 days then wouldn't start unless I put fuel in either the cyld. or the carb but only runs till that gas is used. The primer bulb went down when I tried to prime the blower and just stayed down, wouldn't come back up until I loosened the screws and let air in. I am thinking that something got in the carb and is causing the problem but I don't know much about small engines so I am hoping to get some help from someone more knowledgeable than me. When I replaced the fuel lines I left them both long inside the fuel tank because the old lines were broken down and I couldn't tell how long the old lines were. There are 2 different size lines running to the fuel tank, it looked like the filter went on the smaller line, I ASSUME this because when it was running ok I could see the air bubbles going from the carb to the tank in the larger line when it was being primed.........but since the filter was loose in the tank I am not sure which line it should be on. This is a Poulan WT200 blower.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Primer bulb goes down and stays there....what would cause this?
On poulan the filter goes on the smaller line. the primer bulb staying down is a classic case of restriction. Either something with the filter. Maybe could be the internal screen in the carb. or even something sticky about the valves for the primer bulb. You will just have to start checking different thing until you find the problem.