Pre filter for Kawasaki air filters

BEYTILL

Threads
Anyone looking for a prefilter for the Kawasaki 23hp (probably the same on the 24's) here is the part #.
Kawasaki 11013-7046.:thumbsup:

kraky

Threads
And they're easy to find on eBay saving trips around town trying to find one. A must do addition in my book!

577jersey

Threads
You guys notice any change in performance using the pre filter,,I heard they will change the jetting on the carb,suck more fuel and run like crap?

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
The -7046 prefilter is for Kawasaki FS engines.
All Kawasaki engine operators need to read and understand the operators manual for your specific engine, particularly the maintenance and warranty sections.
The operators and parts manuals for your specific engine(s) can be found at kawasakienginesusa.com.
It is recommended to find and understand these manuals as they directly relate to your specific engine(s).

mooch91

Threads
You guys notice any change in performance using the pre filter,,I heard they will change the jetting on the carb,suck more fuel and run like crap?

Haven't noticed a thing different since I put mine on...

gainestruk

Threads
I think the only difference you will find is if you let pre filter get really dirty, I wash mine out on Kohler 23hp twin after every time I mow (about 2 hrs) I went all last year on one filter and it still looked new when I prepped mower for winter. (I changed it then) :thumbsup:

577jersey

Threads
Ok,thats what I thought,,when the dealer told me not to run a pre filter I figured he was just blowing service propaganda up my butt anyway.
I ordered one from ebay yesterday for $3.99 cant beat that!
Thanks again,,this forum has been a huge pleasure!!

Tom :)