Season is Winding Down

Threads
Looks like the season is coming to an end. Most of my lawns I have on the schedule for this week, and then I am doing them again mid-month, and then one final time after Thanksgiving Day and the end of the month. Of course some lawns I will be done before that, but the majority I continue until the end of November to get up all the leaves, and one final cut of the grass to keep it nice over winter. The last day of the month is when I will be putting away all the mowers, and taking out my snowblower, etc. Have a long list of things to do that day. It's been a great season, but I'm looking forward to the break.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks like the season is coming to an end. Most of my lawns I have on the schedule for this week, and then I am doing them again mid-month, and then one final time after Thanksgiving Day and the end of the month. Of course some lawns I will be done before that, but the majority I continue until the end of November to get up all the leaves, and one final cut of the grass to keep it nice over winter. The last day of the month is when I will be putting away all the mowers, and taking out my snowblower, etc. Have a long list of things to do that day. It's been a great season, but I'm looking forward to the break.

Yeah things have slowed for me also, I'm running about every two weeks now. My problem as you know is that my season never really ends here and I end up mowing year around and you work in the snow.

zmister11

Threads
Yeah things have slowed for me also, I'm running about every two weeks now. My problem as you know is that my season never really ends here and I end up mowing year around and you work in the snow.

Yep I start mowing every other week now.

Threads

Yep I'm doing the lawns biweekly as well now, but I try to adjust the schedule accordingly so that I can get 2 cuts more this year, without going in December or doing it too often. So I just kind of schedule the majority of my lawns in the middle, and then the end of the month, so it works out. Leaf cleanups are keeping me busy otherwise.

zmister11

Threads
Yep I'm doing the lawns biweekly as well now, but I try to adjust the schedule accordingly so that I can get 2 cuts more this year, without going in December or doing it too often. So I just kind of schedule the majority of my lawns in the middle, and then the end of the month, so it works out. Leaf cleanups are keeping me busy otherwise.

Yeah that's good. And I'm sure the cleanups are keeping you busy. Theirs alot of leaves falling. This time of year I trim trees, pressure wash, and do a lot of laying mulch.I do some leaf cleanups but I hate raking leaves haha. Plus we have to bag everything. I wish I could just blow them into a big pile by the street. But they don't do that here.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
With it raining so much the past few weeks. And temps in the 60s and 70s we still running every week. As the grass just keeps growing.
About a third of the leaves have fell.
Has been good just staying with 50 yards this year. Nice easy days and no weekends.

zmister11

Threads
With it raining so much the past few weeks. And temps in the 60s and 70s we still running every week. As the grass just keeps growing.
About a third of the leaves have fell.
Has been good just staying with 50 yards this year. Nice easy days and no weekends.

Yeah that's good. I wish the temps wer in the 60s or 70s. Here in fl its been like 90 degree days. And it's November! Lol

Threads
Just did leaf cleanups today, and just have leaf cleanups tomorrow. Today I had to do a cleanup somewhere that doesn't allow leaves to be piled at the street, so I had to pile it all on my trailer and transport it. I was going to take it to the local farm to dump it but I decided to just put the leaves in front of my own house to save the $10. :laughing:

zmister11

Threads
Just did leaf cleanups today, and just have leaf cleanups tomorrow. Today I had to do a cleanup somewhere that doesn't allow leaves to be piled at the street, so I had to pile it all on my trailer and transport it. I was going to take it to the local farm to dump it but I decided to just put the leaves in front of my own house to save the $10. :laughing:

Haha nice.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah that's good. I wish the temps wer in the 60s or 70s. Here in fl its been like 90 degree days. And it's November! Lol

I wish it was in the 90s here.