Fuel Poulan WT200 Leaf Blower fuel problem

bkm48198

Threads
I got my leaf blower out and had it running a couple days ago, at first it would just barely idle until I cleaned out the Muffler (Spark Arrester ) after that it worked great, I ran a tank of fuel thru it and then it started running bad, wouldn't run unless it was on full choke and wouldn't rev, then it just died. I got it to fire and run for a few second by adding fuel thru the carb but it won't stay running. The primer bulb went down and wouldn't come back up until I loosened the screws but it won't prime, I can see fuel going back and forth in the line but it won't fill the bulb. This leaf blower is about 5-6 years old and only gets used in the fall for leaves and has sat with fuel in it so I am leaning towards replacing the carb which is only $35 but I'm wondering what else I should check before replacing the carb?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Good idea.
Cube carbs can be a right royal PIA to clean it is a lot harder han all the You tube videos suggest.
While the carb is off replace the fuel filter which is in the fuel tank and have a good look at the fuel hose.
You are looking for stiffness & cracking.

When finished with your blower for the season tip out the remaing fuel, start the engine & run it dry.

upupandaway

Threads
I got my leaf blower out and had it running a couple days ago, at first it would just barely idle until I cleaned out the Muffler (Spark Arrester ) after that it worked great, I ran a tank of fuel thru it and then it started running bad, wouldn't run unless it was on full choke and wouldn't rev, then it just died. I got it to fire and run for a few second by adding fuel thru the carb but it won't stay running. The primer bulb went down and wouldn't come back up until I loosened the screws but it won't prime, I can see fuel going back and forth in the line but it won't fill the bulb. This leaf blower is about 5-6 years old and only gets used in the fall for leaves and has sat with fuel in it so I am leaning towards replacing the carb which is only $35 but I'm wondering what else I should check before replacing the carb?

Can u disconnect the hose at the carb and see where the hoses enter the fuel tank?

First test (assuming u have clear fuel line or install some), disconnect the fuel hose from carb - not the one next to primer. now gently prime it until u see fule rising up.
-if none ever,u have major leak fuel cap or where hoses enter tank are leaking air out. (not likely your problem cuz u can get yours to at least start)
-if see it rise but then slowly drop, u have a minor case of leaking air again either at cap or where tubes enter tank. (low pressure - id bet this is your prob)
-grab hoses and see if they slide up and down at tank - shrinkage common with corn gas. Just run new fuel lines. if u see gas coming out of gas cap,bad duck bill- replace gas cap.

Def check this before getting a new carb.