Dixon SpeedZTR 46 - adjust hydraulics?

erupert66

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a SpeedZTR46 with about 70 or so hours on it. I am having trouble engaging reverse and I am sure that there are adjustments that can be made but I don't see any instructions in the operators guide. Can someone post a "how to" for getting them centered? Full forward Left and Right are not identical either so I know it's out of whack.

Thanks!

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
It kind of sounds like you have air in the lines and they need to be purged
I am not familiar with these types of zt's but mine did somthing similer to yours and it was just air in the lines.

erupert66

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cool. Can you tell me how to bleed them?

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
okay I will tell you how I did mine but it may be a bit different than yours

1. jack the back so the drive wheels are off the ground jack the rear of mower off the floor to get the weight off the tires.
2. Open the hydro fluid cap so air can escape
3. Crank the engine and run it at idle, and slowly move the sticks forward and reverse to circulate the oil through the system and work the air out. do it like that so as not to put extra strain on the motors and pumps trying to move with the weight of the mower and the operator on the system
4. do this for about 10 min and the should be fine if they are not you may have to do it again

Be sure to keep the hydro tank topped-up or you will pump more air into the system

that is how I did mine a couple weeks ago and it is running fine

Like I said I am not familiar with these types of ZT's so it might be different on yours.....

try this and see if it does any thing.