Komander Z125S belt

chasbum

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a Kommander and have used it 20 hours when the belt broke. The part number for the belt is k5639-36710. I costs around 100$. Does anyone now the specifications (Length Width) of this belt?

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
if you have the part number you should n't need the dimensions jus go to the daler and give him the part number

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you only have 20 hours on the unit, it should still be covered by the warranty. Yes, I know that belts are not normally covered, but if it broke that fast I would want the dealer to identify why. A good dealer will work with you and should be able to get you covered. Have you talked to them yet, or just figuring you have to bite the bullet.

HillStreet

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know that I'm reactivating an old thread but it so happens my drive belt broke today. The machine has 27 hours and throws mower belts almost every time I mow. The deck has to come off to get the belt back on the idler pulley.

This afternoon the drive belt broke clear through. I'll get a new one in the morning and ask if there is a problem with these mowers. Anyhow, how do I put the new belt on, anybody have this experience.

Oh, this is my first post, glad to be a part of the group.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My reply is still the same, go to the dealer and find the problem.

fhanik

Forum Newbie
Threads
My reply is still the same, go to the dealer and find the problem.

Dropped off my Kubota Z125s today with 31.3 hours on it. Drive belt broken. Looking at the belt there is definitely something wrong. It had a crack every inch of the entire belt.
Dealership originally gave me a replacement belt, but the replacement seemed a lot more involved than I wanted it to be. Plus, they need to diagnose what went wrong in the first place. Otherwise the next belt will break equally fast.

belt_1.jpg
belt_3.jpg
belt_2.jpg

Last edited:

fhanik

Forum Newbie
Threads
Dropped off my Kubota Z125s today with 31.3 hours on it. Drive belt broken. Looking at the belt there is definitely something wrong. It had a crack every inch of the entire belt.
Dealership originally gave me a replacement belt, but the replacement seemed a lot more involved than I wanted it to be. Plus, they need to diagnose what went wrong in the first place. Otherwise the next belt will break equally fast.

Received the mower back today. Nice turn around. I was not charged for the belt replacement. They did it under the warranty. The tech said that the new belt went on just fine. Either the old belt was hitting a spring that had shifted or it came off the wheel.
So I got a working mower again, but why the belt broke is still a mystery.

From now on, I will keep an eye out on the belts.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Glad it worked out for you. Prime example of why I always recommend talking to you dealer while units are under warranty. Sounds like you've got a good dealer, and in my dealing with Kubota they will always work with a reasonably customer.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

View attachment 34095
View attachment 34096
View attachment 34097

A fault like that is typical of a rock, or tree nut stick in a pulley or a nick or crack in a pulley flange

By design the deck belts on ZTR's are subject to lots of debris and almost impossible to make a debris guard that will not create more of a problem than it fixes.
Early ones used two belts , one to drive the deck via a double pulley and a second to drive the spindles, these are a lot less prone to this sort of damage but they add a couple of hundred to the purchase price.

Mowers with a single belt are cheaper to make thus sell for less and the buying public has not been capable of decisions based on quality for a long time, thus cheapness prevails.

If you mow areas with a lot of hard shelled small seed pods you need to inspect your belt & pulleys very regularly.
You can generally hear of feel this type of pick up particulalry if you run it slowly for a couple of minutes over a hard surface.
The belt will slap and create a small jolt every time it runs over the debris stuck in the pulley.

I had a Pro Rider in the shop 5 times before I found the tiny piece of gum nut embedded in one of the cogged pulleys ( timed blades ) and this mower ate 2 belts before I found the problem.
And that belt ran in a fully enclosed space.

Paschalini

Forum Newbie
Threads
Last fall our local Kubota dealer made several factory recall repairs under warranty, including replacing a portion of the mower pulleys and spring assembly. This to, in theory, mitigate the problem of the mower belt being thrown off when something like a Sweet Gum ball gets between a pulley and the mower belt. We've just started our Spring mowing season and I've now had the belt pop off each of the last two times I've mowed. So much for the fix from Kubota. To add insult to injury I haven't yet figured out how to put the the belt back on solo, but can get it done with another person assisting. First issue is getting the belt on between the "keeper" and the pulley, and the second is detensioning the spring enough in order to get the belt onto the last pulley (I use the one at the rear of the mower under the engine).
So now we have four options we're considering on how to handle this problem:
1. Talk with the dealer to see if they have anything new from Kubota to recommend with regards to this problem.
2. Use our John Deere riding mower to mow under/around our Sweet Gum trees and use the Kubota to mow everything else. Note that we bought the Kubota to significantly reduce our mowing time (we went from 6 hours on the JD to 2 with the Kubota).
3. Rake up all the Sweet Gum balls under those trees.
4. Cut down and remove all Sweet Gum trees from our property.
Thoughts anyone?