Husquvarna string trimmer question

afoulk

Threads
The profit levels on garden equipment is very low.
So manufacturing can only be sustained by very large production runs to get the most return from the tooling.
Thus nearly every item you buy will have an identical looking model with a differnt brand.
While being made in the same factory with the same tooling and looking similar, usually the cheaper ones are just that, cheaper.
Cheaper inition modules, cheaper steel ( lower grade ) , no heat treatment so gears wear out sooner, no grease seals, etc etc etc.
Unless you can see a greasy residue around the head or the head is noisy & sloppy, no need to worry about greasing it.
If you still want to the they usually take 00 grade grease which will come in a tube and has a consistency of toothpaste.
I have used 2 tubes in 3 years as a small engine workshop and these went into very old trimmers that had obvious leaks.

thats the same stuff Snapper uses in their walk behind differentials isn't it? If so, I have a tube of that. No residue around the bevel gear housing yet, so I'm assuming the level should be ok yet, It would have to be leaking out somewhere for it to go down.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is a lot thicker than it looks.
A lot of old motorcycles used it ( or similar ) the the gearboxes that had no oil seals at all, just a plate to throw the grease back in or a spiral cut into the shaft opposite to the direction of rotation.
Later a bitch because when you ride in rain or through water the spials pull the water into the box. loads of fun.