Echo Pb265L

rescuer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am new here and I have an echo PB265L blower and it has ran great for 2 years. Now it will not stay running except with choke in cold start position. If I move the choke to run it shuts off like it is out of fuel. I have replaced the fuel vent, fuel filter and rebuilt the carb. cleaned one screen which is all I saw. plug is new and set properly.removed spark arrester, cleaned and reinstalled.(was not plugged)After all the work it still does exactly what it did before I started. Any ideas what I should check next. Thanks for any suggestions.

rescuer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am using echo oil but 89 octane fuel. What I have used for 2 years.I will change if it will help.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
How did you clean the carb when you rebuilt it? Ultrasonicly, dip tank or just spray with carb cleaner. Passageways in those carbs are so small, I say that instead of having passageways they now have hairline cracks, just spraying them will not help much. If you don't have access to an ultrasonic cleaner or dip tank, I recommend replacing the carb, some of them are very cheap. Also, did you check the fuel line for cracks or pinholes?

rescuer

Forum Newbie
Threads
just removed it, stripped it and put in carb dip tank. will reassemble tomorrow.Thanks

richthelawnguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a question how long will my spindles last on my cub cadet lt1050 if they're are 8 years old

rescuer

Forum Newbie
Threads
reassembled this morning. Started on second pull, full speed no problem. Soaking must have opened up something. Thanks for the help.

bperry

Threads
Yes that is the one. I would recommend you get a carb dip gallon can from advance or auto zone.