Three questions about Raptor SD's

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
blade tip speed is actually faster on the 54, but not enough to make a difference.

and the bars dont move up or down. just fore and aft.

and unless your yard is wide open, i'd probably go with the 54 which will be a bit more manueverable.

Seat Adjustment
The seat on the HustlerRaptorSD mower can be adjusted forward and rearward by pivoting the seat platform up and forward. Then,loosen the four cap screws on the underneath side of the seat platform. Position the seat where you have the best control of the machine and are the most comfortable and then tighten the cap screws.

Steering Control Lever Adjustment The steering control levers can be adjusted for operator comfort. By loosening the cap screws that attaches the upper control lever to the lower lever (Figure 4-13), the upper control lever can be pivoted to fit the operators personal preference. The steering control levers can also be adjusted up and down. Remove the cap screws and slide the upper control lever up or down and align the holes in it with the holes in lower lever. Re-install the cap screws and tighten.

The steering control levers should be adjusted so that they
align with each other when in the neutral position

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
blade tip speed is actually faster on the 54, but not enough to make a difference.

1sk5Gmu.png

and the bars dont move up or down. just fore and aft.

IhyT1n2.jpg

and unless your yard is wide open, i'd probably go with the 54 which will be a bit more manueverable.

No the bard do not move up and down but them 4 holes and 2 bolts on the bottom of the bars are for the purpose of raising or lowering the bars.
You can see them clearly in the nice photo you posted.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
No the bard do not move up and down but them 4 holes and 2 bolts on the bottom of the bars are for the purpose of raising or lowering the bars.

The Bars on most all ZTR are adjustable up and down, like you said You can see that clearly in the nice photo he posted. The fore and aft movement or adjustment I think is there primarily for aligning the bars when your through with adjusting the mower set up to your preference or comfort. considering there is only like a half inch of adjustment from the center point of the pivot either way, at least that's what it shows in the manual.

turboawd

Threads

:tongue: i guess i'm blind. i was just looking for a slot. lol

kraky

Threads
Fwiw...im a big guy....6 ft 1"/ 280. I felt crowded on my SD 54 and was thinking of buying the lift kit for the bars. Instead I saw plenty of room beyond the seat adjusting slots and drilled 4 holes another inch back.
That made a nice difference lowering my legs a bit and giving me the room I needed.

mhavanti

Threads
As an owner of the SD60, I can and will reccommend the 60 over the other models for the seat alone. It rides better than all the other models professional or residential. It has the widest tires, and I've not found the engine guard to be in the way at all. The guard is a great place to mount rear back up and taill lights as well as other possible attachments.

Not to mention the engine guard does protect the valve (rocker) covers, breather housing, etc.

Bang for the buck, SD60 is a Best Value purchase. If you have a rough terrain, it will still kick your butt. It will also save your butt.

The SD60 is cutting a bit more coverage than a commercial 54 across the street and we finish a couple of minutes before due to width, relative to ground speed I lose to them.

They like mine more than theirs and their pay off will never arrive at the buy-in they're sitting on. Purchasing a commercial mower isn't really a good purchase when you can buy three of these and have three operators for the buy-in on the commercial. Wear the SD60 out, throw it or give it away and you're still ahead.

Again, SD60 - Good Value.

The deck height apparatus isn't as sweet as Fastrack. It does work though.

Good luck with your choice.

DK35vince

Threads
They like mine more than theirs and their pay off will never arrive at the buy-in they're sitting on. Purchasing a commercial mower isn't really a good purchase when you can buy three of these and have three operators for the buy-in on the commercial. Wear the SD60 out, throw it or give it away and you're still ahead.
Wow, You sure have a higher opinion of a Raptor SD than I do.
My neighbor had one. I wasn't that impressed.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wow, You sure have a higher opinion of a Raptor SD than I do.
My neighbor had one. I wasn't that impressed.

There a good mower for what they were designed for, the weekend warrior. I'd never run one commercially.