Three questions about Raptor SD's

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The lap bars are adjustable.
You can move them higher or lower.
And closer to you.

I would get the 60 inch. For the extra 6 inches and the seat. But would take the engine guard off. It just gets in the way.

AJ961

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks everyone I really appreciate the help. If I may; Ric what's BTS?

The 54 would be your best option imo because it will have the best BTS and give you the best cut. Maintenance should be simple enough, the oil filter and oil change easy enough on the two Kawasaki engines that I run and the FR isn't any different that I know of.

The floor (area where feet are placed) doesn't raise or flip up like there commercial models do so easy access to changing the belts isn't there like the commercials. Changing the belts isn't that difficult anyway.

As far as the lap bars go there adjustable to be raised or lowered to suit your comfort range. Two bolts in each handle can be removed to adjust their height. The only fore and aft adjustment would be moving the seat forward or back to adjust your mowing position. The SD comes with the 2800 drives which are the top of the line residential offerings so they should never give you any problems and do everything you'll ever want for your 2.5 acres.

The guard does come standard on the 60" and it is available for the 48 and 54" As far as the engine guard goes and this is just my opinion but I wouldn't waste the money because it's just something else to get in the way and it's just added weight and serves no purpose other than looks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P_LvO0hA_TY

AJ961

Forum Newbie
Threads
How long do the belts last. My current mower goes through 2 drive and deck belts a season.

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
It depends on if you are you sing it residential or commercial use The deck belts on mine will go out once a week if im running them hard where as if you are using it to mow you own yard then it should last you a season or two

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks everyone I really appreciate the help. If I may; Ric what's BTS?

BTS=Blade tip speed. The higher the blade tip speed the better cut the mower will produce.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
How long do the belts last. My current mower goes through 2 drive and deck belts a season.

If your going through 2 drive belts and a deck belt a season you have something wrong somewhere.

AJ961

Forum Newbie
Threads
The mower is worn out. Last couple years she's required a lot of care. I really enjoy fixing things but it's gotten to be a real pain lately. I'm definitely going to purchase a Hustler soon.

If your going through 2 drive belts and a deck belt a season you have something wrong somewhere.

hustle n flow

Forum Newbie
Threads
The seat alone on the 60" is $500, plus u get the extra 6" & guard.

turboawd

Threads
The 54 would be your best option imo because it will have the best BTS and give you the best cut. Maintenance should be simple enough, the oil filter and oil change easy enough on the two Kawasaki engines that I run and the FR isn't any different that I know of.

The floor (area where feet are placed) doesn't raise or flip up like there commercial models do so easy access to changing the belts isn't there like the commercials. Changing the belts isn't that difficult anyway.

As far as the lap bars go there adjustable to be raised or lowered to suit your comfort range. Two bolts in each handle can be removed to adjust their height. The only fore and aft adjustment would be moving the seat forward or back to adjust your mowing position. The SD comes with the 2800 drives which are the top of the line residential offerings so they should never give you any problems and do everything you'll ever want for your 2.5 acres.

The guard does come standard on the 60" and it is available for the 48 and 54" As far as the engine guard goes and this is just my opinion but I wouldn't waste the money because it's just something else to get in the way and it's just added weight and serves no purpose other than looks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P_LvO0hA_TY

blade tip speed is actually faster on the 54, but not enough to make a difference.

1sk5Gmu.png

and the bars dont move up or down. just fore and aft.

IhyT1n2.jpg

and unless your yard is wide open, i'd probably go with the 54 which will be a bit more manueverable.