Poulan Pro String Trimmer

Grassbandit

Threads
DSC_0227.JPGDSC_0229.JPGDSC_0230.JPG
This trimmer has been a real PITA. It starts on choke but once the trigger is pulled it bogs down and dies.
I've already gone through and cleaned the carb and the primer bulb is new so is there something I missed?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
View attachment 27410View attachment 27411View attachment 27412
This trimmer has been a real PITA. It starts on choke but once the trigger is pulled it bogs down and dies.
I've already gone through and cleaned the carb and the primer bulb is new so is there something I missed?

Fuel filter in tank. fuel lines in tank, mud pluggers in the muffler, carbon build up on exhaust port / screen broken ring, leaking crank seals , aliens ?

Try running it without muffler.
Better then clean the exhaust
try running from another fuel tank. suspended above the motor or just change the tank filter and fuel line. they are not expensive.
New plugs are always a good Idea and if not the problem then you have a spare for latter on.

Grassbandit

Threads
Thanks for the replies guys.
I've changed the spark plug, priming bulb and cleaned the carburetor. Currently I'm starting it without the muffler installed and it will run on choke but once it's flipped to the run position it eventually bogs down and dies.

Grassbandit

Threads
Thanks I did everything you guys said. Replaced fuel lines, and filter, spark plug and did a carburetor clean. Had to soak the muffler in some degreaser to remove the gunk hiding inside. It was horrible - seems like the owner mixed fuel alot on the oil heavy side.
The carburetor adjustment was the tricky part but after reading and getting advice on how to do it I found success.
Starts and runs fine now, but I'm keeping it a while longer for testing before returning it to the owner.