Residential snow ( when to market )

jay stortini

Threads
What is the best time to start marketing to new clients for snow?

Threads
What is the best time to start marketing to new clients for snow?

People always say to start early (like in the next month), but in my opinion people will just throw a flyer away if they aren't thinking about show themselves. So I usually wait until the end of fall cleanups when it starts to cold. Just my opinion.

jay stortini

Threads
Cool fanatic!!
Do you do residential?
How many calls can you handle on your own before snow gets over a foot?
What do you charge?
I am shooting for 25-30 calls .
Where on the map are you?

Threads
Cool fanatic!!
Do you do residential?
How many calls can you handle on your own before snow gets over a foot?
What do you charge?
I am shooting for 25-30 calls .
Where on the map are you?

I do 100% residential, but not a lot. I don't like snow or cold honestly, but it's just a way to get me through the winter. The first snow is fun, then it gets old. I usually only do around 10 driveways per storm. It's a nice amount to handle. Snow is different than lawns in that people want it done RIGHT THEN. You can't spread it out over a week, like you can lawn mowing (obviously). It also acts as a little bit of advertisement to get my name out for mowing in the spring. I only have a 24" snowblower and shovels, etc. I don't buy anything bigger/better because snows are so unpredictable here. 2 years in a row we got 12 inches of snow spread out over the whole winter, last year we got 12 inches in a week. (Beginning of March actually). Plus an average amount over the rest of the winter. February 2010 we got 4 ft in February alone. So it's too questionable as to what amount we get. I am located in the northeastern U.S., so we don't get snow like you do in Canada.

Snow Removal Trailer Setup (2014-15 Winter):
snow trailer.PNG

Last edited: