husler 42" zero turn

knuc37

Forum Newbie
Threads
the 42" mower didn't come with a washer attachment . Bought a washer hose kit, but no directions. So any idea where to drill the hole in the deck for the kit?

Lawn Addict
Threads
on my 42", it is opposite side of the discharge chute.. I will NEVER use it tho. not good to have all that water being blasted around the spindle bearings. Fact is I never use water on mine at all. Too many electrical connections etc. But I do keep it clean.

knuc37

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for the help,you are probably right about the water around the spindles.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum!

:welcome:

I'm going to move your thread over to the Hustler section just in case you end up needing any more advice.

kraky

Threads
Harbor frt retail outlets have a hydraulic lift for about $90 that work great if you have a store around you. I love mine for occasional use on my sd52.....makes scrapeout....blade changing a piece of cake.
I use a leaf blower around my deck, engine, under the seat for cleaning after ea mowing....water/washing is OK once in a while...but in general....not your friend....lol

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Nothing wrong with washing out under the deck, just so long as you follow the correct procedure.
Start by blowing down the top of the mower nad deck to remove as much grass as possible.
Hook up the hose & wash till no more crud comes out, this is important, the deck must be 100% clean underneath our you will be leaving a rust accelerating wet clod under there.
Do the above over grass engine running & blades spinning.
Remove the hose and drive over a hard dry surface, engine & blades still running and leave it there for a good 10 minutes to dry off.

The big problem is stopping the blades while there is water underneath and then the hot spindles cool down and suck the water around them inside.