Front wheel problem Toro 20016

Bibilly

Forum Newbie
Threads
The right front wheel assembly is very loose. This allows the height adjustor to slip. Front wheel was then free to rotate. I removed wheel to see what might have caused looseness. Didn't see anything apparent. Was going to remove drive gear to see what else might have caused this. Before I go farther has anyone had this problem?

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there! WELCOME to LawnMowerForum! :biggrin:

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup:

dkman610

Forum Newbie
Threads
The right front wheel assembly is very loose. This allows the height adjustor to slip. Front wheel was then free to rotate. I removed wheel to see what might have caused looseness. Didn't see anything apparent. Was going to remove drive gear to see what else might have caused this. Before I go farther has anyone had this problem?

Hey there! WELCOME to LawnMowerForum! :biggrin:

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup:

Hi, where was this thread moved to? My mower did that same thing today, the entire housing is loose and I spent 2 hours trying to see where to tighten it and gave up.

dkman610

Forum Newbie
Threads

Hi,
Same thing happened to me today I spent 2 hours and couldn't figure out how to tighten it, looks like one of those things that I can't fix unless I replace entire drive train system?

Dangeroustoys56

Threads
Sounds like somethings worn - not readily apparant tho.

I have a lil 70 toro 5HP tractor, i couldnt figure out why the drive chain kept falling off, turns out the 40 year old rear axle bushings had seen better days - even shimming and adjusting them didnt help - i bot a set of pillow block berings and had no further issues.

Best bet is to take it apart and thoroughly check everything out.

Bibilly

Forum Newbie
Threads
Correct, problem was bad front wheel bearing. When I purchased I asked if the two pieces (bearing and a cup to hold it) needed to be pressed together. The guy said no. They in fact do need to be pressed. I used a bench vice and a socket and hammer to do the best I could. Not perfect but it at least works now. :smile: