Buying Advice Help Need Riding Mower

faithfullyforgive

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am a parent of special need children so the quicker I can mow the better off I am. It would be about 3 acres of property. Does anyone have any ideas for a greenhorne? LOL!
I like thie one but wow, so much money, limited income... Ariens Zoom 34 in. 14.5 HP Briggs and Stratton Power Built Single EZT Transaxles Hydrostatic Zero-Turn Mower.

Thank you for your thoughts in advance...

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome !
You say about 3 Acres, but what kind of lawn, yard, trees, bushes, slope ?
What were you planning on for a budget ?
What dealers or places to buy are near you ?

faithfullyforgive

Forum Newbie
Threads
Live around Lansing, MI, honestly, I don't know anything, which I'm sure is not helpful, sorry. The land is mainly flat, there are newly planted trees on property, mainly in lines, other wise there is bushes diagonally placed in yard, also a unused carousal used once for horses.
As far as cost, honestly, don't have a lot of money, really, maybe a couple hundred, I was hoping to find something on craigslist or for free?
But some knowledge of what I should be looking for can only help me in my future searches.
Thank you for your time and advice.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't have a clue about craigslist and NO clue about anything for free or very little, but I'm sure someone can help.

Good Luck ! :thumbsup:

faithfullyforgive

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks BK.

I don't have to go buy it right now, but I have no experience so I can't begin to make a decision, nor do I have thousands of dollars, I'm from MI.
Can anyone shoot some ideas at me regarding riding mowers and what the best brand is?
What to look for?
Maintenance issues?
Up keep?
Any ideas?

Thank you.

Black Bart

Threads
Thanks BK.

I don't have to go buy it right now, but I have no experience so I can't begin to make a decision, nor do I have thousands of dollars, I'm from MI.
Can anyone shoot some ideas at me regarding riding mowers and what the best brand is?
What to look for?
Maintenance issues?
Up keep?
Any ideas?

Thank you.
I don't think I can help much either but to say the best brands will be waaaaay beyond your budget.

I don't think a few hundred will even buy a mower that runs unless it was a hand mower.
You say faster would be better well a huge deck ZTR would be the fastest but they are 10 to 17 grand depending on the model you choose.

I guess what I'm trying to say is nothing exists that fits your guidelines for a mower.

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
If you find a used ZTR, have it checked out before buying it. Lot of them around here but they are not worth having. Goes for anything used, if you go that route. Keep in mind, new has a warranty, used does not.

LandN

Threads
Well i can offer a suggestion here,but don't go blasting me here...you say you have little to minimum cash for a mower to cut 3 acres i'm assuming this is your yard? well how bout having a garage sale ,a bake sale,some sort of fund raiser(be creative here)neighborhood yard sale at your place ,raffle, etc.etc. etc.i'm just saying i don't know all the facts here but hows this for starters maybe some neighborly help cutting, until the cash comes in. is there a repair shop close by that can cut you a good deal on a used one that his customer never picked up. hope this helps

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think it will be easiest to find a reasonably good, USED, push mower...
& then only cut a small area for your lawn, NOT the 3 acres...
You will be better in the long run, maintaining a lawn size that you can keep up with, than trying to cut a space that you will not be able to knock out in the time (and equipment available).

:smile:KennyV

faithfullyforgive

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks everyone!

And Kenny, your right that is a perfect idea. My neighbor is luckily helping me out.... and the kind gentleman that brought one today from 45 miles away had the belt break on my property so hopefully we still have a deal... I am so very grateful since I don't have any brothers or father... :smile:

I will do as you suggested, thank you! :thumbsup: