Grasshopper Seat Riser

Ford850

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a new 725DT6 and an older 722DT6. The 722 was ordered with the factory upgraded suspension under the base Cordura seat. The new 725 was ordered without the suspension upgrade (no longer available and didn't want to spring for the Grammer seat). The suspension upgrade on that 722 came with a lower seat pan, and the springs removed from that. The 725 has the springs but no added suspension. As a comparison, running both over rough ground, they are very similar in comfort. Too close to say which is better actually. I'm surprised by that.
The issue is that this new 725 feels a little low. The suspension on the 722 adds about 2 1/2" to the seat height, even with the lower pan. I'm a little taller than average, and my legs feel cramped on the 725. I thought I'd try this as is, and could add an aftermarket suspension under the seat if needed. But now after having this one, I realize they use that lower seat pan when they add the suspension option and also when they add the Grammer seat. Adding just the suspension would add 4" and would be too tall. So rather than buying the new seat pan, plus the suspension, I'm thinking of adding a block between the seat and the existing seat pan. Since the seat back, arm rest supports, and seat base are all bolted separately to the seat pan, the block would have to be the full size of the seat base (I think), with through holes allowing longer bolts to replace the existing bolts. I was planning on 2x4 frame with 1/2" plywood top and bottom (box with a hole cut out in the center for seat switch) giving me a 2" lift. Has anyone done that, or had the seats apart on these, to know if I'll run into any issues?